Bulk Cargo Operator
Bulk Cargo Operators are responsible for executing all aspects of physical shipments from trade execution through to trade completion. Responsibilities include but are not limited to logistics, contract administration, settlement, and risk mitigation covering Bulk shipments.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities: Key Responsibilities:
- Written and verbal daily contact with suppliers, receivers and service providers
- Co-ordinating the shipments with our counterparties
- Preparation, verification, and handling of all shipping documents
- Invoicing while observing and maintaining payments terms (Holding Certificates, CAD, Letters of Credit, Bank collections, Open Account etc)
- Checking and arranging payments
- Insuring cargoes while observing incoterms
- Arranging for inspection, sampling, assaying and umpires of cargoes as per contractual terms.
- Organization and coordination of shipments through direct contact with various Trafigura offices
- Upkeep and maintenance of Trafigura's risk capture/ operations system (Titan)
- Maintenance of multiple reports including Credit Exposure reports and Logistics reports. Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree. 2 - 3 years' experience in the operation of bulk cargoes and/or logistics industry preferred.
- Fluent English essential as daily contact with traders and internal departments is conducted in English.
- A second language would be welcomed. Spanish will be beneficial for dealing with our Latin American customer base.
- Strong communication skills required as daily contact with international internal departments and customers/service providers throughout varying geographical areas is needed to conduct daily operations.
- Solid analytical capabilities, including the ability to summarize complex logistical issues and detailed analysis with clarity and brevity in written or oral form.
- Accurate and efficient working style with good attention to detail to complete the daily processes
- Ability to be flexible with working hours in the event of deadlines and work well under pressure
- Open personality with energy and drive
- IT skills: Excel, Word, Outlook Key Relationships:
- Trade Finance and Credit Departments
- IT/ Developers
- Weighing and Sampling Department
- Treasury Department
- Deals Desk (Risk and Market Analysis Department)
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
This job posting includes the candidates registered in the National Registry of Persons with Disabilities, who meet the conditions and suitability for the position described in accordance with the provisions of Law Number 19.691.