Vice President, Sales Consulting - Insurance
Develop and lead the RiverSource (RVS) insurance internal sales organization, distribution strategy and relationships with key business partners. Set activity metrics for the internal sales organization to achieve sales goals. The five teams include the internal wholesalers, the National Desk, the director-advanced sales desk, the regional sales specialist disability insurance (DI) product and solutions, the regional sales specialist Life insurance product and solution who support the Ameriprise Channel. Responsibilities
- Develop and implement strategy to drive the sales of RVS insurance in the Ameriprise distribution channel delivered by the internal wholesalers, national desk, advanced sales desk, the regional sales specialist-DI product and solutions, the regional sales specialist-insurance product and solution.
- Assist marketing as a key partner in the development, review, training and the rollout of the marketing pieces, campaigns, and events.
- In addition, coordinate activities with other internal sales management and sales support areas such as product development, new business, underwriting and service along with Ameriprise business partners such as ABDG and PlanSource.
- Develop, lead, and manage strategic initiatives for future growth of RVS Insurance product distribution.
- Drive a culture of compliance, including ongoing call monitoring, coaching and feedback.
- Monitor and enhance the quality and effectiveness of telephone sales efforts of their sales desk personnel.
- Evaluate, recruit, develop and retain talent of the internal wholesaling organization as well as the leaders.
- Establish core competencies required for positions, evaluate talent, coach, mentor direct reports and establish structure to have leaders to conduct the same with the internal wholesalers and national desk teams.
About Our Company
- 10+ years' experience
- Professional Certifications: Resident State Securities & Resident Ins. License (Health, Life and variable) and Series 26
- Registration Requirements (FINRA Licenses Required): Bachelor's degree or equivalent (4-years), Series 7, Series 24, Series 63/66
- Additional knowledge, skills, experience, or training:
- Deep knowledge of insurance sales practices, distribution methods, product designs and product economics
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Ability to manage complex issues and provide clarity and simplicity to team to achieve goals.
- Ability to work across the organization
- Extensive leadership skills with demonstrated ability to lead diverse groups of employees within the parameters of an overall strategy for the larger organization
Riversource Annuities and Insurance is a part of the Ameriprise family of brands that provides our clients access to solutions that create a road map for their future. At Riversource we embrace an inclusive and collaborative culture that allows us to help others achieve their goals by providing compelling product solutions. This includes insurance to prepare for and be protected during the unexpected, as well as annuities that will provide support through every stage of retirement planning such as asset accumulation, generating income, and leaving a legacy to loved ones or charity. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Riversource.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.