Vice President, Investment Management Analysis
The position's primarily responsibility will be to provide independent credit risk oversight for all owned asset portfolios while being within investment policy considerations and optimizing capital, liquidity, and earnings trade-offs. This will include the design, consultation, and implementation of investment strategies along with interfacing and influencing across the organization to align on investment opportunities. Responsibilities
Provide strategic and daily operational direction to implement approved strategies, and act as the company-wide liaison for Fixed Income investments and company's owned asset portfolios. This will include constructive challenge to the asset manager, advise on management of portfolios in relation to liability characteristics, regulatory/statutory rules, accounting guidelines, liquidity targets, capital constraints, tax implications, and credit risk.
Identify and lead a variety of strategic initiatives, identify issues and assess financial and organizational impacts. This includes annual and long range planning. Keep up-to-date on competitor capabilities and offerings.
Develop, prepare, and deliver presentations to senior level audiences regarding investment strategy, results, and recommendations. Typical audiences may be FRMC, portfolio managers, CIO, senior leaders across the company, various board of directors, and colleagues/peers within Finance.
Provide cross-functional leadership to drive organizational objectives. Required Qualifications
• Masters degree or equivalent
• 10+ years of experience with 7+ years of Fixed Income credit / investment strategy development experience
• Series 99
• Prior experience leading cross-functional teams
• Strong knowledge of Fixed Income investments and their behavior in various market environments and in relation to changes in liabilities over time
• Strong relationship and communication skills; ability to influence recommendations and build consensus on decisions with all levels of leadership Preferred Qualifications
• Degree in Finance, Accounting or related discipline
• Charted Financial Analyst (CFA) designation
• Proven ability to think strategically and apply quantitative and problem-solving skill