Vice President, Global Head of Payroll and HR Operations
The Vice President, Global Head of Payroll and HR Operations is responsible for leading the direction and strategy for the Global Payroll and HR Operations Team. In this role you will provide strategic direction and ownership for our global payroll and operating model, including ensuring accurate and compliant execution of all global payrolls and related human capital related transaction processes. Additionally, you will proactively monitor trends in the marketplace and stay informed of compliance regulations as well as identify areas of opportunity to drive improved efficiency and effectiveness while delivering a strong employee experience. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience leading a global payroll and HR services team, in addition to working through an evolution of a delivery model to meet the needs of a global organization. Strong thought leadership with a proven track record leveraging technology, as well as experience working through the strategic integration of acquired companies is highly preferred. Responsibilities
- Provide direction and strategy for the global Payroll and HR Services team, responsible for accurate production of employee payrolls including tax, benefits, and related deduction handling, processing timekeeping entries, and leading the administration and servicing of employee records in collaboration with global partners.
- Provide strategic leadership for the oversight of payroll processes and ensure payroll is executed timely and accurately, and in compliance with US and international payroll and tax legislation.
- Drive resolution on escalated and complex payroll processing issues in a manner that quickly mitigates compliance or employee relations issues.
- Own relationships with vendors and internal partners and serve as an escalation point as needed.
- Proactive management of global vendor relationships to ensure expectations are met and services optimized.
- Provide strategic direction on global payroll execution to support the efficient and effective delivery of these core human resource services in each of our locations.
- Adapt strategies to changing circumstances as required.
- Ensure consistent (where appropriate) and stable human capital related processes are in place to deliver high quality service to leaders and employees across all elements of the employee life cycle.
- Provide effective people and thought leadership to the global team through coaching, feedback, and sound performance management practices.
- Act as champion for the team and intervene on matters that create roadblocks to individual or organizational success.
- Set department strategy and initiatives and align associated performance goals.
- Proactively monitor industry trends and stay informed of compliance regulations.
- Identify areas of opportunity and drive effective solutions.
- Evaluate impacts of projects and initiatives and provide recommendations to minimize disruption to the company or employee impacts.
- Partner with Employee Relations, Benefits, Finance, Tax, and other stakeholders to understand, manage and monitor process adherence with company policies and regulatory compliance.
- Ensure effective controls (including SOX controls) are in place for global HR payroll and services operations to proactively manage risk and remain in compliance with company policies and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Oversee metrics related to operational performance and provide recommendations on changes to refine processes to mitigate risk.
- Manage the budget for areas of responsibility and work to identify and solve potential challenges and opportunities.
- 15+ years of related Payroll & HR Operations experience including demonstrated experience leading a global team
- Passionate about HR processes and process improvements
- High level of knowledge of payroll/tax laws, regulatory requirements, and best practice processes
- Experience implementing scalable, high quality operational HR programs and processes
- Strong technical proficiency with HR systems, including Workday
- Experience in Global Mobility management and vendor management
- Exceptional strategic leadership abilities including strong problem-solving, decision-making, and communication skills
- Outstanding analytical, project management, and critical thinking skills
- Proven ability to influence decisions, strategize, and build consensus with multiple stakeholders across the organization
- Ability to prioritize conflicting cross-organizational demands
- Previous M&A due diligence and integration experience
About Our Company
- Prior industry experience preferred
- Strong thought leadership, results leadership, people leadership and self-leadership
- Proven leadership skills with a successful track record of building and maintaining a best-in-class global team and, where appropriate, consistent global processes
- Capable of influencing key stakeholders across the enterprise and having a meaningful impact on Ameriprise Financial
- Known for building and fostering strong relationships with business partners and has the ability to influence upward and across all levels within a large matrixed organization
- Fosters increased collaboration, teamwork, and partnership while also capable of working independently as needed
- Accountable and transparent with a strong work ethic
- A clear moral compass with exhibited integrity, humility, and discretion
With the right company, life can Be Brilliant®. At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial and we can Be Brilliant® together.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.