At Ameriprise Financial, we are guided by our vision to be the most respected and referred financial services firm. Our work makes a difference in people's lives. As one global team we serve our clients with integrity, respect, and a commitment to excellence in everything we do. Great service takes great people. In addition to our very competitive total rewards package, employees stay with us because of our culture and commitment to their development. At Ameriprise, you'll have the tools, resources, recognition, and rewards to help you shape the career you want. Responsibilities
The Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) role will be responsible for the administration, oversight, and direction of Ameriprise Bank's (the Bank) compliance program, which ensures compliance with a broad range of laws, rules, and regulations pertaining to banking compliance focused on lending, deposits, and trust administration product offerings. The Chief Compliance Officer will report regularly to the Bank Board and various management committees, including the Bank Compliance Committee, on compliance plans and efforts, regulatory changes, and anticipated impact, and provide recommendations that strengthen the overall compliance program.
The Bank CCO is responsible for maintaining and enhancing compliance policies, procedures and ensuring effective processes are in place to identify, measure, monitor and control risk through core functions including assessments, testing, training, etc. In addition, the CCO and team will work closely with marketing, product, and business development groups to ensure that all products and programs are compliant with bank laws and regulations. Areas of regulatory focus include the US Fed, FDIC, OCC, CFPB and various state regulators in addition to required AML/BSA and CRA obligations
From an AML/BSA standpoint, the role will provide comprehensive analysis and management support in partnership with the enterprise AML/Financial Crimes Compliance (FCC) team, which is responsible for all day-to-day Know Your Customer, AML/BSA and FCC operations They will similarly partner with other enterprise groups including Surveillance, Analytics, Investigations and Anti-Fraud. The CCO will act as a Bank point of escalation for all areas described. Furthermore, the position will provide guidance to the Board, senior management, and business areas regarding anti-money laundering risks, obligations, and regulations, and will serve as an AML/FCC subject matter expert.
The CCO will report functionally to the Senior Vice President - Chief Compliance Officer, with a dual reporting relationship to the President and CEO of the Bank through an intercompany agreement. Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- 15+ years relevant experience.
- Strong knowledge of consumer banking including mortgage origination and servicing, other lending products and cash sweep and savings deposits products.
- Experience with CRA programs.
- Direct experience leading elements of a financial services company compliance program.
- Understanding of banking systems and processes.
- Leadership experience and the ability to influence decisions.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to lead and influence effectively across a matrix organization.
About Our Company
- JD or other advanced degree.
- Broad understanding of various financial services companies
- Background in Utah Industrial Bank compliance.
- Background in banking activities sold or serviced through broker-dealers.
- Professional accreditation such as a Certified Community Banking Compliance Officer (CCBCO), or other.
At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.