Own assigned valuation related reporting: valuation committee fund boards and shareholder reports. Gather data and conduct research for analytical processes, event-driven and fair value instances. Provide assistance of the oversight of pricing vendors and partner with the pricing team in managed assets. Responsibilities
- Review, investigate and resolve, with limited supervision, pricing issues pursuant to established procedures; research, prepare and present findings and results to senior members of the team for presentation to the Valuation Committee for monthly meetings and event-driven, security specific fair valuations.
- Consult with portfolio managers, traders and research analysts to understand price discrepancies and independently develop fair value recommendations. Provide the information obtained from those discussions and incorporates own research to present a formal recommendation to the Valuation Committee.
- Work closely with the Pricing Team Managers, Director and Vice President to understand and resolve pricing lapses by outside pricing vendors and provide end of day prices in a timely manner to be incorporated in daily NAV calculations.
- -Prepare exhibits and memos for mutual fund board meetings (~4 meetings per year).
- Correspond and work with outside audit (PwC) to resolve problems that arise during fund auditing. Obtain filings, documentation and internal memos related to any valuations matters that are needed for fund audit approval.
- Execute procedures related to ASC 820 reporting and disclosures in all quarterly fund reports (~800+ reports per year), including providing security specific language that is incorporated into financial disclosure documents filed with the Securities & Exchange Commission and distributed to shareholders.
- Act as a point of contact and expert on certain key metrics for internal partners and outside vendors. Has the authority to schedule, vet, actively participate and engage in sales calls and in-person meetings with potential new vendors (i.e. technology or service providers).
- Participate in the interviewing process and provides evaluation and feedback of candidates (as interviews and openings on the team become available). Provide training on basic group functions and procedures to new hires.
- Experience working with mutual funds or other investment products (e.g.accounting, investment research, etc.).
- General understanding of factors impacting security valuation and familiarity with regulatory framework surrounding valuation of securities.
- Ability to collect, compile, and organize information in a timely manner.
- Organizational and time managements skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with team members and excel while working independently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.