Trust Investment Associate
The Associate Trust Officer works as an integral member of the Personal Trust Investment team and partners with internal members of Personal Trust including the Trust Investment Officer, New Business, Trust Operations, and client's Ameriprise Financial Advisor. Responsible for engaging in all facets of trust investment management and handling a limited number of investment trust accounts. Will collaborate with experienced trust officers and financial advisors. Responsible for excellent client experience and establishing relationships with Ameriprise Financial Advisors, clients and focus on client retention. Responsibilities
• Review investment policy statements to understand the client's trust investment goals. Review daily account investment activity, trades, and money movement to assist the trust officer with distribution instructions.
• Assisting trust officers and partners with the onboarding of new accounts with the assistance of other members of the team. Manage risk by monitoring trust activity and ensuring policy and procedures for Trust Bank are followed
• Assist trust officer with annual account reviews of assigned trust accounts. Have a general understanding of different types of trusts. Examples include trust administration of Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts (ILITs), Revocable Trust, Agency accounts, and Charitable Remainder Trusts.
• Proactively work cross-departmentally with other internal departments for relationship management, liquidity requests, asset allocation account balancing, and including closing accounts.
• Work with Investment Trust Officers and other team members from Risk management or compliance on various projects, developing process improvements, and enhancing the client experience. Required Qualifications
• Associates degree or equivalent
• 2-5 years of investment management, brokerage or relevant experience
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritize and follow through.
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Work well independently and as part of a team. Preferred Qualifications
• Industry certification: CFP, CTFA or other
• Financial industry experience About Our Company
With the right company, life can Be Brilliant®. At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. The Banking and Cash Solutions team mission is to make life more rewarding by helping others achieve their goals and dreams by providing compelling product solutions and a seamless client experience. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Banking and Cash Solutions and we can Be Brilliant® together.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.