We have an exciting opportunity for a Staff Actuary to join the team at Ameriprise! This role will be supervising Statutory & Tax Financial reporting for the RiverSource Life Insurance Companies. Perform actuarial, financial, and risk analysis, including communication of actual & forecasted results to others across the company. Serve as a subject matter expert in areas such as NAIC Risk Based Capital, Corporate Level Life Company Enterprise Risk Management risk reporting, C3P1 modeling, and tax reporting inquires. Develop, improve, operate, and document a variety of complex actuarial models. Provide people leadership to actuarial student and/or intern(s). Responsibilities
- Ownership/oversight of regular reporting processes related to Statutory/Tax Reserving & NAIC required capital. Variance analysis and effective communication of results to management. Responsibility for supervising evolving NAIC regulatory framework and expected financial impacts. Oversight of model/process documentation and maintenance under BAU & Ameriprise Model Governance protocols.
- Provide technical analysis and support by developing, improving, operating and documenting a variety of complex actuarial models. Apply business insight in design and improvement of models, modifying to meet individual situations.
- Serve as the subject matter expert in assigned actuarial and cross-functional projects and may have an expanded scope and responsibility within a project.
- Validate and develop of business controls.
- Provide people leadership to actuarial staff. Manage performance, seeks professional development opportunities for each direct report. Along with mentoring and feedback that is vital to have a hard-working team.
- Professional development to maintain actuarial credentials. May be professionally accountable for statements of actuarial opinion (SAOs).
- Bachelor's degree
- 5-7 years relevant work experience
- ASA or near-ASA Designation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate well to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills
- Strong technical skills (Excel, VBA, actuarial modeling software)
- Ability to build collaborative relationships across the organization
- Strong understanding of insurance & annuity liabilities and financial modeling concepts
About Our Company
- Bachelor's degree with focus on Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science or related fields
- ASA or FSA designation
- Member American Academy of Actuaries
- Prophet/Prophet Enterprise experience
- Previous experience with Stat/Tax Financial Reporting and Required Capital concepts
At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.