Sr. Structured Product Research Analyst
- Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Ameriprise Financial
- 06 Dec 17 2017-12-06
Columbia Threadneedle Investments, a division of Ameriprise Financial, is seeking to hire a Senior RMBS Research Analyst.
With the right company, life can be brilliant. At Ameriprise, we’re not just in the business of managing our clients’ finances — we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential, too. Be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you for your contributions and work with other talented individuals who share your passion for doing great work. You’ll also have plenty of opportunities to make your mark at the office and a difference in your community. So, if you're talented, driven and want to work for a strong ethical company that cares, take the next step to create a brilliant career at Ameriprise Financial.
• Perform in-depth analysis and research on non-agency RMBS and the mortgage industry, managing independent research projects as required.
• Perform in-sector and cross-sector relative value analysis.
• Analyze and integrate industry trends into actionable recommendations, gathering relevant data as appropriate.
• Incorporate macroeconomic analysis into research recommendations.
• Perform modeling of security, including default and prepayment assumptions.
• Interact with management from firms/issuers within the sector, attending company meetings and conferences as needed.
• Contribute to team strategy discussions, including daily market meetings.
• BA/BS degree
• 5-10 years of work experience in analyzing and modeling structured products/RMBS.
• Communication and relationship skills to appropriately influence and share ideas with Portfolio Managers, Traders and Analyst colleagues.
• Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills to perform security, industry and economic analysis, including proficiency with software tools such as Excel and database management.
• Relationship skills to work successfully across the Columbia Threadneedle organization and to interact with company management teams, as required.
• Experience with R, Python, SQL, or similar data mining tools
• Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) completed or in progress.