Sr Risk Analyst
This position provides analysis and supports internal control testing, process walkthroughs, risk assessments, continuous monitoring and oversight across the Ameriprise Bank, FSB. Identifies and communicates control deficiencies, assesses exposure and significance, and proposes cost effective recommendations. Responsibilities
- Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Internal control testing, process walkthroughs, risk assessments, continuous monitoring and oversight across the AWM Risk Organization.
- Identify and communicate control deficiencies, assesses exposure and significance, and proposes cost effective recommendations.
- Recommends changes to process, methodology and testing approach, as appropriate.
- Pro-actively identify opportunities and recommend solutions to mitigate current and future business risk as it relates to the AWM Risk Organization.
- Maintain process Inventory, Process Flows, Procedures, Risk & Control Matrices and mapping of regulatory requirements.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience
- Risk management experience, preferably in a corporate environment
- Solid knowledge and proper application of control and audit theory
- Strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to drive results and meet deadlines to reduce risks
- Demonstrated history of working independently and within a strong team
About Our Company
- Experience in public accounting, internal audit or related field
- Basic risk financing knowledge
- Strong internal and external relationship management skills
- Excellent analytical capabilities and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
With the right company, life can Be Brilliant®. At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial and we can Be Brilliant® together.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.