A Proxy Analyst, Proxy Voting, is sought to join our Responsible Investment (RI) proxy voting team, to play a key role in investment and active ownership research, proxy voting, engagement, and administration.
You will work closely with Active ownership colleagues, sector analysts and portfolio managers around the globe, contributing to the effective use of client voting rights, and researching and reporting on portfolio companies.
The role offers a great opportunity for an analyst seeking to build and advance their career in investment management by joining an award-winning team in a Responsible Investment department.
We are open to considering various locations for this position including Minneapolis, Boston, New York, London and Amsterdam as well as remote working. Responsibilities
- Participate in the research, coordination and application of the exercise of Active ownership rights on behalf of clients:
- Application of voting policies on a global perspective according to a customized process.
- Review internal investment research and third-party research in determining proper proxy votes under the CTI Corporate Governance and Proxy Voting Principles.
- Liaise and collaborate with investment professionals around the world to execute proxy voting rights cast in clients' best long-term economic interests.
- Involved in the coordination of proxy related engagements with senior leaders at portfolio companies.
- Work with and support the Active Ownership process in the formulation, development and delivery of the global proxy voting strategy and policy approach.
- Work with colleagues to educate and prioritize implementation of the effective use of voting rights exercised by the firm.
- Onboarding of client accounts - Work with proxy vendors, custodians and internal teams in determining various regional requirements.
- Ability to shift workload based on priorities dues to escalation and set deadlines.
- Audits, Controls and Reporting where proxy involvement is required.
- Provide analytical support to investment professionals as needed.
- Experience with proxy voting, corporate governance, issuer engagement, ESG or sustainability
- You should be on path to developing, or have already acquired, research, analytical and problem-solving capabilities relevant to fundamental investment analysis.
- Ability to support administrative requirements which support the proxy voting process.
- Familiarity with Responsible Investments concepts from the investor perspective
- Experience working with ISS Proxy Exchange, Excel, Word, OneNote, Access, PowerPoint, Bloomberg, and Aladdin.
About Our Company
- Progress towards enhancement of professional designations.
- Familiarity with technology systems that can improve efficiencies.
- Ability to work and contribute effectively both as a team player and individually.
- Previous experience in investments.
Millions of people around the world rely on Columbia Threadneedle Investments to manage their money. We're intentionally built to help our clients succeed, backed by a global team of 2,000 people including more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. At Columbia Threadneedle, you'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority. In addition to our competitive total rewards package, employees stay with us because of our culture and commitment to their development. And, backed by the strength of our parent company, Ameriprise Financial, we are committed to providing you with the tools, resources, recognition and rewards to help you shape the career you want.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.