Sr Product Trainer
Develop and manage complex training materials/tools that will prepare advisors, field leaders, wholesalers or other identified audiences to effectively train on applicable products/solutions (e.g. life insurance, protection planning, retirement, etc.). Collaborate with insurance product management, product sales, sales strategies, field training and implementation, marketing/communication and other key stakeholders to ensure that training is developed based key requirements of information/knowledge building and behavior change based on the needs of the audience. Facilitate training content via multiple venues (e.g. webinars, conferences, seminars, etc.) across small to large audiences. Responsibilities
- Lead and drive design, development and implementation of agreed upon curriculum strategy by implementing strong project management principles. Drive the design and development of all associated materials such as curriculum outlines, user/facilitator guides and other instructional design systems, as necessary. Partner with other SMEs as needed to accomplish goals and objectives. Incorporate best practices in instructional design and blended learning into training curriculum.
- Partner with key business partners across the Company including product management, product sales, sales strategies, field training and implementation, marketing/communication and other key stakeholders to pro-actively understand business priorities and requirements. Bring back to team to tie back to the overall needs and requirements of the training team development efforts and plans. Assist with resource requirements and planning.
- Based on priorities aligned with Sr. leadership, provide subject matter expertise (SME) to develop/recommend development and implementation plans for complex training programs. Collaborate closely with other SMEs across the Company to drive the front end analysis and curriculum planning process. Identify the appropriate training method and strategy (e.g. e-learning, instructor-led, or blended approaches) to achieve the desired organizational impact. Prepare and recommend curriculum development project plans and budgets and gain support.
- Manage the evaluation of training and education program effectiveness and maintain a process for continuous improvement. Guide less experienced staff, or provide performance coaching and feedback to achieve deliverables. Provide peer review and oversight of materials, as requested, to validate content accuracy and quality. May have people leadership responsibilities.
- Series 7 license
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in Business, Finance, Human Resources, Organizational Development and Training
- Prior direct experience in developing and facilitating training material and content.
- Demonstrated success in developing and maintaining strong collaborative relationships to achieve goals.
- Exposure to the design and implementation of training assessment instruments and using a variety of delivery methods to achieve objectives.
- Demonstrated success in the design, development, delivery, and evaluation of product training using blended learning solutions.
- Proven ability to plan and manage training projects incorporating cross-functional teams, vendors, budgets, and schedule requirements.
- Ability to assess, assimilate, and satisfy the training needs of sales personnel.
- Proven expertise in managing external partner relationships.
About Our Company
- Advanced degree in Organizational Development and Training
- Experience with life insurance products and solutions. Prior direct experience with specific products such as advisory, retirement, alternatives, capital markets, etc.
- 3+ years experience as a financial planner, sales representative, analyst, or trainer.
- 2+ years delivering or developing sales training programs.
- Forward thinking, creative, and committed to the art and science of instructional design and development.
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint and Articulate.
Riversource Annuities and Insurance is a part of the Ameriprise family of brands that provides our clients access to solutions that create a road map for their future. At Riversource we embrace an inclusive and collaborative culture that allows us to help others achieve their goals by providing compelling product solutions. This includes insurance to prepare for and be protected during the unexpected, as well as annuities that will provide support through every stage of retirement planning such as asset accumulation, generating income, and leaving a legacy to loved ones or charity. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Riversource.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.