Sr Instructional Designer (remote)
Develop highly effective learning pathways and programs for business unit or segment within Ameriprise Financial by working with subject matter experts, business partners, and training peers. Provide thought leadership as well as tactical execution for multiple learning priorities. Apply cutting-edge instructional design techniques leveraging adult learning best practices that can be delivered via a variety of modalities including web-based, instructor-led, video, and blended solutions. Responsibilities
• Content Design/Development - Work with subject matter experts to design storyboard and develop instructor-led, e-learning, video, blended, and other content. Ensure that instructional design principles and industry standards and specifications are adhered to in all phases of design. Utilize design and publishing tools such as Articulate Storyline 360, Lectora, Captivate, Camtasia, Snag-It, Audacity, Microsoft Office, and more. Utilize multiple mediums in development of distance-learning: tutorial, video, audio, gamification, polling, social-learning and testing.
• Learning Design Strategy - Partner with training peers and business partners to assess/analyze goals and objectives of learning priorities/projects and create design recommendations and strategies for training deliverables using the Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation and Evaluation (ADDIE) or comparable methodology. Manage end to end creation of training including design/development of content, assisting with business partner reviews, evaluation, and measurement.
• Assess and maintain quality of training content throughout the process based on established set of standards.
• Evaluation - Create evaluation, measurement, and metrics strategies for learning priorities leveraging the Kirkpatrick model, and collaborating with appropriate reporting/sales metrics teams within the firm.
• Content Management - maintain existing content with an eye toward continuous improvement while adhering to content archival and upkeep and service level agreements. Required Qualifications
• Bachelors degree or equivalent
• 5+ years of experience
• Strong understanding and ability to work with a learning management system (LMS).
• Strong communication skills and ability to work with subject matter experts and other key stakeholders.
• Proven project management capabilities; strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Effective at working collaboratively and identifying solutions to address multi-stakeholder perspectives.
• Deep knowledge and ability with e-learning tools and blended learning methodologies.
• Extensive background in and knowledge of available learning technologies and design trends. Preferred Qualifications
• Self-starter, comfortable with contributing and taking a proactive approach while on a project.
• Experience in working with external content developers/designers.