Sr Financial Analyst (LFO)
Focus primarily on analyzing cost-benefit analysis to support new advisor hiring.
Conduct business performance analysis, incorporate trend analysis, to assess business implications.
Design reporting and analysis to aid in furthering business intelligence for senior finance and business management. Create complex financial models for use in business decision support. Responsibilities
- Review CBAs (Cost Benefit Analysis) and identify issues to be resolved prior to approval of offers for new advisors looking to join firm.
- Create routine reporting by driving variance analysis - focus on providing business context. Assist in developing commentary around business results.
- Perform independent analysis using multiple data sources to derive root cause and track benefits of past.
- Develop, enhance and run forecasting/planning/CBA models and perform variance analysis.
- Independently develop simple to complex models to forecast the future implication of business decisions.
- Independently perform postmortem analysis of impact of past business decisions.
- Coherently review forecasts and analyses with management.
- May provide coaching and tactical training to trainees/interns.
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent) in a financial or quantitative field
- 3-5 years of experience
- Previous experience in financial or analytical role.
- Consistently demonstrates the ability to complete financial modeling tasks and financial analysis using spreadsheets and/or other tools.
- Experience applying accounting and financial concepts to interpret and solve business problems.
- Able to create outputs that support decisions.
- Effective communication skills, with ability to verbally present findings to management.
- Ability to complete advanced financial modeling tasks and financial analysis using spreadsheets and/or other tools.
- Must have strong interpersonal and business skills to support CBA and new advisor offer processes.
About Our Company
- May have MBA or other advanced degree/certification.
- Experience in building relationships that influence and establish credibility across an organization - to business partners, senior finance/business leadership, other finance areas, etc.
With the right company, life can Be Brilliant®. At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial and we can Be Brilliant® together.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.