Sr. Director - Actuarial Systems Business Architect
The Actuarial Systems Business Architect will work within the Corporate Actuarial department to help design and oversee systems and frameworks that support our core modeling functions. Working closely with our Technology teams, this resource will have primary responsibility for articulating solutions to issues that impact our ability to manage models and other software and/or make models run efficiently. This will include enabling citizen-led and enterprise-grade automation tools, driving adoption of advanced data storage and reporting tools and capabilities, and setting standards for how implementation teams should approach development. Responsibilities
- Develop a business architecture strategy for the Actuarial Modeling domain, applying a structured approach and methodology for capturing key views of the business. Work as an effective liaison between the business and technology to effectively influence and negotiate decisions as they relate to the domain strategies. Define and maintain strategy to ensure technology solutions support business needs and strategies within cost, schedule and scope. Create and own a multi-year roadmap for capabilities within the Actuarial Systems space.
- Provide strategic leadership in defining and designing the end-to-end technology solution models for the business. Drive consistency and optimization of business processes and technology solutions across capabilities. Assist business and technical designers in understanding design choices. Provide recommendations to preserve integrity across the various strands of change and ensure the delivery of holistic, integrated solutions.
- Work with the business to understand and define business processes that meet goals and objectives and maximize the value proposition of the technology solution. Analyze the existing domains to determine whether opportunities exist to create competitive advantages, cost efficiencies and/or revenue growth. Perform current state assessment to identify people, process, technology and information gaps to develop transformation road map and help create the supporting cost-benefit analysis (CBA).
- Drive the development and adoption of a consistent business architecture practice that includes consistent modeling tools and processes; industry leading best practices; templates and standard deliverables. Act as the custodian of the business architecture standards, methods, conceptual and logical designs. Establish and maintain strong working relationships with senior business, operations and technology management teams in the capacity of a trusted advisor on business architecture matters.
- Manage the domain requirements and design processes, ensuring alignment with Ameriprise business and technology strategies and enterprise business architecture strategy. In partnership with CDO owners, provide strategic product management leadership through brainstorming product concepts and requirements definition that align with the business' need for emerging technology solutions. Provide solution design expertise and support for technology projects.
- 10+ years related technology experience - including business architecture, systems analysis and system design experience.
- Experience driving business requirements through process mapping, modeling and information flows.
- Proven ability to apply architectural principles, methods and tools to solve for business challenges.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; including the ability to effectively communicate at all levels of an organization.
- Expert knowledge of modeling simulation and analysis techniques and methodologies.
About Our Company
- Experience working in and general understanding of the financial services industry - including key business drivers in an Actuarial Systems context.
- Demonstrated success working in a highly collaborative environment with a strong ability to lead and influence.
- Skilled at perceiving patterns and relationships between technologies, processes, business models and people.
- Ability to act as a liaison conveying the strategic needs of the Business to Technology and the strategic plan of Technology to the Business.
With the right company, life can Be Brilliant®. At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial and we can Be Brilliant® together.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.