Sr Dir Business Architecture
The Sr Director Business Architecture will be a member of the Advisor Technology Solutions team and will focus on designing delightful, integrated, differentiating advisor capabilities and experiences that deliver against end to end Journeys for Advisors and their clients. This individual will work collaboratively with business process owners and technology leaders to create Journey Maps and other artifacts that identify experience challenges and capability gaps, design future-state processes to deliver the functional roadmap to achieve the new experience. The role will be responsible for working collaboratively across the firm (in particular in close partnership with client experience teams) to create standard journey mapping practices. The role will also help influence advisor segmentation practices through the use and management of standard behavioral personas and Archetypes, which along with journey maps, will be a resource across Ameriprise to stimulate and accelerate innovation. The role will work closely with our Voice of Customer and Advisor Analytics team and become a superuser of our VOC reporting and insights to guide efforts. Responsibilities
- Develop a business architecture and journey mapping strategy for multiple capability domains, applying a structured approach and methodology for capturing key views of the business and our end users. Collaborate across the business and technology to effectively influence and negotiate decisions as they relate to the capability and experience strategies. Define and maintain the strategy to ensure technology solutions support business and end user needs and strategies. Create and own a multi-year roadmap for capabilities and lead execution of efforts that deliver on the roadmap.
- Provide strategic leadership in defining and designing the end-to-end user Journey and supporting technology solution models for the business. Drive consistency and optimization of business processes and technology solutions across capabilities. Provide recommendations to preserve integrity across the various strands of change and ensure the delivery of holistic, integrated solutions.
- Partner with the business, user experience, end user research to lead discovery work for new capabilities or experiences that deliver new or differentiating business value.
- Work with the business to understand and define business processes that meet goals and objectives and maximize the value proposition of the technology solution. Analyze the existing capabilities to determine whether opportunities exist to create competitive advantages, cost efficiencies and/or revenue growth. Perform current state assessment to identify people, process, technology, and information gaps to develop transformation road map and help create the supporting cost-benefit analysis (CBA).
- Manage the domain requirements and design processes, ensuring alignment with Ameriprise business and technology strategies and enterprise business architecture strategy. In partnership with technology owners, provide strategic product management leadership through brainstorming product concepts and requirements definition that align with the business' need for emerging technology solutions. Provide solution design expertise and support for technology projects.
- Build and develop an effective organization with appropriate skills, organization structure, and direction to satisfy current and future business needs. This includes recruitment, performance management, salary administration, career planning and budget management. Lead and oversee a team of business architecture professionals that are accountable for delivering business architecture services at Ameriprise. Facilitate the professional growth and development of the business architecture team.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Business or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years related technology experience - including business architecture, systems analysis and system design experience.
- Experience driving business requirements through process mapping, modeling and information flows.
- Proven ability to apply architectural principles, methods and tools to solve for business challenges.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; including the ability to effectively communicate at all levels of an organization.
- Negotiates well for mutually beneficial outcomes
- Experience working in and general understanding of the financial services industry - including key business drivers.
- Demonstrated success working in a highly collaborative environment with a strong ability to lead and influence.
- Skilled at perceiving patterns and relationships between technologies, processes, business models and people.
- Ability to act as a liaison conveying the strategic needs of the Business to Technology and the strategic plan of Technology to the Business.
- Design Thinker - Human Centered Design or Design Thinking methodologies to help guide
- continuity in a cohesive way
- Group Facilitation - ability to facilitate and guide groups, helping them find the answer and engage
- in co-creation of solutions, promoting understanding of how their roles are critical in delivering on
- the end to end integrated experience promise