Sr Compliance Analyst
Conduct testing of written supervisory procedures (WSP, IA P&P, BUSP, etc.) to ensure procedures are reasonably designed and executed to achieve compliance with regulatory requirements. Complete document management activities for supervisory procedures in CompliSource. Provide ad-hoc Supervisory Controls Unit program support. Responsibilities
- Conduct testing of broker-dealer written supervisory procedures (WSPs), investment adviser policies and procedures (IAP&Ps), 38a-1 supervisory procedures (BUSPs), Bank Supervisory Procedures (BSPs) and other supervisory controls to support regulatory obligations by researching rules and regulations applicable to business activities to identify potential risks to the firm. Test and verify that supervisory procedures are reasonably designed and executed to achieve compliance with applicable securities laws and firm policy.
- Assist business partners in developing adequate compliance policies and procedures.
- Assist in researching applicable laws and regulations, which requires general knowledge of laws, regulations and internal policies related to compliance and financial services.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry practices and developments.
- Complete basic data analysis-conducting general reviews of internal business practices, as needed, to identify potential problems and mitigate risk.
- Contribute and edit supervisory documents in the CompliSource tool.
- Associate degree or equivalent.
- 2-3 years of financial service industry experience.
- FINRA Series 7 or ability to obtain within 90 days.
- Investigative-minded problem solver with demonstrated analysis, research, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to plan and manage multiple and competing priorities with a high level of detail; flexible and able to quickly adapt to change.
- Ability to set clear expectations with business partners, negotiate against competing priorities when appropriate, and escalate when necessary.
- Strong understanding of broker-dealer functions, products, services, and industry regulations.
- Prior experience testing broker-dealer controls or similar internal or external audit function.