Sr Business Systems Analyst
The Senior Business Analyst position is responsible for supporting the Advice & Wealth Management Project Management Office from a tactical and analytical aspect. The Senior Business Analyst will be accountable for planning and leading the project analysis efforts to ensure the successful delivery and implementation of projects. Responsibilities
The Senior Business Systems Analyst role will work with business and technology partners to perform the following responsibilities and duties:
• Collaborate and negotiate to define project scope boundaries.
• Lead interviews and/or design sessions to define, document, and prioritize business requirements for small to large scale projects.
• Contribute to project plans, detailing analysis tasks in the plan.
• Develop the user acceptance test plan and test conditions.
• Contribute to implementation planning and post-implementation tracking.
• Execute test plans and test cases on a scheduled and ad hoc basis.
• Provide effective communication on project status, risks, and defects with Project owners and stakeholders.
• Develop and manage ongoing relationships with business and technology partners.
• Identify business needs or opportunities for improvement through either broad industry knowledge, or detailed knowledge of specific products, services or processes.
• Proactively teach others in a specific area of expertise through knowledge sharing and mentorship.
• Leverage and contribute to the development of best practices.
• Perform occasional ad hoc tasks as needed. Required Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent and minimum of 5-7 years relevant experience.
• Strong analytical, quantitative and problem solving skills.
• In depth knowledge of business operations and processes with the ability to articulate these processes to others.
• Experience with eliciting requirements, creating user stories, creating test cases, executing test scripts, implementation planning, and implementation execution.
• Experience with project methodologies and project life cycles.
• Understand and apply technology as it relates to the business.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple work assignments while being able to shift priorities to meet the current business environment needs.
• Effective written communication skills to deliver articulate communications and concisely summarize information.
? Proven skills in developing sustained relationships with internal business and technology partners.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision.
• Competency in Microsoft Office including Visio, Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Working knowledge of Jira. Preferred Qualifications
• Project related experience with financial or brokerage applications.
• Experience developing and revising business processes and process models. About Our Company
With the right company, life can Be Brilliant®. At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial and we can Be Brilliant® together.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.