Sr Business Systems Analyst
Support Business decision-making by leading the overall planning and execution of user acceptance testing across multiple business areas and systems. Provide efficient and effective test management using department standards. Effectively liaison between business and technology to accomplish the stated business objectives. Responsibilities
- Carry out User Acceptance Testing i.e. creating test plans, test scenarios, and test cases; executing test cases; documenting test results, and sharing test results with Business subject matter experts
- Gather business information and incorporates information into project plans with project manager or lead. Provides timely and accurate documents and communication to project team.
- Analyze and present options for a variety of insurance/annuity system-related problems for the business unit as it relates to business requirements.
- Identify and implement process improvement, including quality inspection with process improvement specialists. Drives quantifiable results through facilitating interaction with the business unit.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent.
- 5 to 7 years relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability to provide quality assurance across a variety of projects, demonstrating the ability to lead and execute testing efforts with multiple business units across multiple systems.
- Strong relationship and communication skills in working with colleagues and influencing customers on recommendations.
- General leadership abilities such as driving work forward; raise and communicate issues and obstacles; manage work (including inputs and approvals from others) to identify and make reasonable target dates.
- Significant experience in translating user requirements to testing scenarios, defining test data, and developing detailed test cases across disparate environments.
- Experience with creating and communicating key project documentation deliverables for testing i.e Test Plan Document and Test Summary Report.
- Experience with Test Case Management tools such as HP-ALM & Jira
- Exhibit sound judgment and decision-making ability.
- Ability to take on multiple priorities, manage time effectively, and deliver on commitments.
- A learning and growth mindset that is open to giving and receiving feedback.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a flexible and adaptable manner to accommodate changes in business priorities.
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience in business and functional requirements elicitation, translation and documentation.
- Ability to gather business information and incorporate information into project plans working with a project manager or work stream lead.
- Knowledge of and ability to effectively use the appropriate requirements management methodologies and toolsets, requirements visualization methods and toolsets, and artifact versioning tools.