Sr Business Architect
Create exceptional experiences for our clients and advisors, enabled through technology and rooted in our enterprise strategy. Bring a strategic, enterprise viewpoint to deliver interconnected end-to-end experiences, bridging the gap between business strategy and its successful execution, and assuring delivery of desired business outcomes.
Act as an internal coach/consultant in engaging the organization to improve customer experience by:
- Supporting improvement projects and initiatives that positively transform the end-to-end experience
- Assuring the organization integrates the voice of the customer as part of all design activities
- Assisting in the creation of a framework and customer/user journey maps to help structure efforts consistently across disciplines within the organization Responsibilities
- Using business architecture tools and techniques in a variety of business scenarios to assess areas for improvement and changes necessary to carry out strategy. This includes capability assessments, solution analysis, investment prioritization, and road-mapping.
- Using tools maps customer journeys to uncover and improve moments of truth, follow established design process for the creation of new customer experiences and change of existing ones, and execute experience design and improvement initiatives and document resolution of experience gaps across touchpoints
- Ensuring that projects and operations deliver on the agreed-upon business outcomes. Actively engaging in key projects as an SME or proxy product owner.
- Maintaining extensive knowledge of industry, technology, and end-user trends and educating both IT and the business on opportunities. Leading Proof of Concept and Prototype initiatives to demonstrate potential value.
- Drive a Customer-Centric Culture. Lead by example by being the advocate for the Customer Experience across the organization. Teach methodology across functional groups to unify efforts and enable understanding of how each role has an important part to play in driving total results. Facilitate interactive group sessions to build understanding, support, and engagement.
- Partner with key business partners to understand the internal and external environment and the business strategy, determine business needs, and develop capability road map and customer experience strategy. Effectively influence decisions and project direction at the executive level. Identify and recommend innovative technologies that drive the business forward and maintain or create a competitive advantage for the firm. Ensure that the business architecture and customer experience strategy align to and enable business goals.
- Leads cross-functional design teams and facilitates group discussions. Gathers input from employees about customer experiences and opportunities for improvement. Understands key drivers of VoC performance and communicates them effectively across the organization. Works as individual coach/catalyst with stakeholders as assigned to lead mindset changes through education, training, and coaching.
- Develop and apply expert knowledge of related business capabilities, customer and market requirements as well as enterprise and business architecture discipline. Build and maintain a strong business unit relationship, with deep expertise and insight into the business, the business strategy, and the industry. Gain knowledge and understanding of emerging technologies. Support the delivery of concept analysis work to evaluate opportunities and design solutions to support and inform domain and capability road maps.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Business, related field; or related work experience.
- 7-10 years of relevant experience required.
- 2+ years business architecture experience; including strategy, impact analysis, solution design, delivery oversight and performance analysis.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with varying levels of leadership.
- Advanced knowledge of modeling simulation and analysis techniques and methodologies.
- Experience leading, influencing, and managing business process improvement/optimization/re-engineering initiatives and driving initiatives with operations teams.
- Proven ability to effectively apply architectural principles, methods and tools to address complex business challenges.
- Experience and proficiency using Microsoft Office products (e.g. PowerPoint, Excel, Viso).
- Certifications preferred: CBA, TOGAF (Open CA), Agile
- Strong project planning and estimating skills related to the area of expertise.
- Ability to think strategically, balancing long and short-term priorities.
- Deep understanding of business operations and key business drivers (or aptitude to develop understanding quickly).
- Demonstrated success working in a highly collaborative environment with a strong ability to lead and influence.
- Experience supporting Agile projects.