The Solution Architect designs systems to meet functional and non-functional requirements, consistent with long-term strategies. A key responsibility is to ensure future flexibility for evolving business requirements. Individuals in this role provide leadership and guidance on solution options and trade-offs, to business partners and development teams. Responsibilities
• The Solution Architect is responsible for conceptualizing and designing detailed solutions, enabling the organization to meet business objectives. Solutions will cover the end-to-end architecture (e.g. browser to services layer to underlying data repositories).
• Provides technical leadership to ensure technical design and implementation are aligned with business requirements. Ensures compliance of technology solutions with architectural standards and strategies. Gathers Non-Functional Requirements
• Partners with business analysts, systems analysts and engineers in gathering and reviewing non-functional requirements.
• Identifies key business and technology drivers that impact architectures, including end-user requirements, existing application environment (including legacy and packaged systems), and performance/availability requirements.
• Collaborates with application and infrastructure teams to understand scope and requirements. Assesses Technology
• Conducts assessments of current business and technology architectures.
• Identifies and documents any risks, issues or critical success factors. Design
• Translates project requirements into detailed designs consistent with long-term roadmaps.
• Designs system interfaces. Best Practices
• Researches and maintains a deep understanding of current and emerging technologies to solve business problems. Strategy
• Develops and shapes strategy, based on current and future project needs. Required Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, related field, or equivalent relevant work experience.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience required.
- Skills in general architecture, operations, and deployment methodologies and techniques.
- Solid understanding and applied expertise in solutions architecture designs and concepts, which include but are not limited to: SDLC Process, Security, high availability, recovery, performance, monitoring and operations design, and application architecture.
- 5+ years relevant solutions architecture experience that includes successful software integration experience.
- 3+ years software development and/or technical support experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
• Working knowledge of AJAX, REST, SOAP, Databases, Linux, Windows, Web content management.
• A desire to explore new and emerging web and development technologies, synthesize recommendations, and influence key stakeholders.
• Proven experience configuring, debugging, and deploying enterprise applications in complex environments
• Proven experience designing and delivering scalable and distributed web applications.
• Ability to communicate effectively with developers, stakeholders, peers, and leadership, driving results and action.
• Strong business acumen and the ability to identify key issues and their impact in a broad business context. Candidate must be able to translate technology into business terms and value.
• Experience with cloud architectures.
• Experience with DevSecOps. About Our Company
Ameriprise Technology is a team of professionals who provide Technology solutions across the company. This includes corporate computing, network infrastructure solutions and security for the entire firm. Being part of our team also means partnering across the business to enable technology solutions and engaging digital experiences for clients, advisors, and employees. Our mission is to create technology that is reliable, simple, integrated and secure. We provide the tools, resources and support to help you forge a career that delivers more of what you want: recognition, rewards and work that makes a difference.