Be responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining, and supporting application software that is delivered on time and within budget. Work closely with customers, business analysts, technology, and project teams to understand business requirements, drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions that are aligned with business and technology strategies, and comply with the organization's architectural standards. Provide technical guidance to the development team through the full software life cycle.
If you are not located close to a physical office, remote work is considered for qualified candidates. Responsibilities
- Execute the creation of low level design documents (including code samples/outlines) and detailed engineering specifications based on complex business, user, and non-functional (e.g. performance, reliability, balance, and controls) requirements. Write ServiceNow client, server scripts, REST integrations, and scoped applications that adhere to standards, procedures, and techniques. Maintain integrity of existing program logic according to specifications. Complete deliverables using the Ameriprise agile-based SDLC.
- Write and/or revise system design documentation and operations documentation to include providing required input into operation support manuals and user guides. Create and properly archive all project related documentation.
- Ensure all code is effectively unit tested prior to being released to the quality assurance team. Resolve all unit test issues in a timely manner. Assist the QA team in identifying test cases and in creating/mining test data to enable a thorough test of all development deliverables. Respond to all inquiries and issues in a timely manner as the developed code/program moves through the testing process and into production.
- Evaluate, troubleshoot, and perform root-cause analysis for production issues and system failures. Determine corrective action and improvements to prevent recurrence. Provide implementation/production support, as required.
- Maintain up-to-date skills in software development technologies and a broad understanding of the business, business needs, and how applications/assets drive and support the business (understand the greater impact of assets/applications and development work). Provide expertise in the selection and implementation of development tools and best practices, as well as recommendations on priority and asset investments. Establish and maintain productive working relationships with business partners and project teams.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years ServiceNow software development experience
- 7-10 years of experience in technology and/or software development, progressing in complexity and responsibility.
- Proven success in the design of complex, best-in-class enterprise-level software applications.
- Superior analytical and business skills to reconcile conflicting objectives and find/design acceptable compromises within existing constraints.
- Expert level application of technology/engineering knowledge-base to multiple and evolving programs and languages.
- Superior technical communication skills.
About Our Company
- Proven ability to successfully translate client/business needs into software designs.
- Proven analytical and business skills to reconcile conflicting objectives and find/design acceptable compromises within existing limitations.
- Understand and apply both current technical solution elements (specific tools, components, and frameworks) and abstract elements (algorithms and architectures).
- Effectively apply technology/engineering knowledge-base to multiple and evolving programs and languages.
The Ameriprise Financial Technology team mission is to create innovative technology solutions and engaging digital experiences for our clients, advisors, and employees. We embrace an inclusive and collaborative culture that allows us to partner across the business and lend our expertise in the areas of corporate computing, network infrastructure and security. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Technology.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.