Senior Tax Accountant
Prepare more complicated tax returns, which may include federal, state, franchise, personal property and other various returns. Complete the preparation of more complex tax provisions, reports and analyses. Assist in the resolution of compliance issues and complete other necessary tax-related projects. Responsibilities
- Independently prepare tax returns, tax provisions, supporting schedules and journal entries, and maintain proper work paper files. Coordinate with internal and external business partners to receive tax data necessary for tax returns and provisions and maintain proper work paper files.
- Assist with Financial Statement Reporting, including external auditor requests, external reporting reports by independently researching and interpreting data. Prepare reports and schedules for financial statement reporting.
- Support tax-related projects. Represent corporate tax in enterprise-wide projects by gathering and documenting the tax department's business requirements. Communicate status updates to management.
- Research tax and accounting treatment as necessary and communicate findings to tax department management.
- Correspond with tax authorities to resolve notices and provide audit support.
- Support SOX controls and identify process improvements and communicate recommendations to management.
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent) in Accounting or related field
- 3-5 years of experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Institutional knowledge of Ameriprise
- Organizational skills