This role will provide critical support to the development of risk mitigation solutions involving Insurance & Annuity businesses through the use of actuarial risk models. Lead complex projects and develop innovative solutions related to the advancement of asset & liability models & modeling techniques. Collaborate with Capital Markets Solutions & Treasury departments to analyze capital/liquidity impacts of hedge strategy modifications and hedge modeling enhancements. Investigate, manage, prepare, perform and communicate results of actuarial, financial, and risk analyses to peers and upper management.
If you are not located close to a physical office, remote work is considered for qualified candidates. Responsibilities
- Provide technical analysis and support by developing, enhancing, and testing a variety of complex actuarial models. Applying business insight and thought leadership in the design of efficient modeling solutions. Technical expert for area of responsibility.
- Lead the analysis of innovative solutions for management of financial risk for new and existing products in an evolving regulatory environment. Lead projects and serve as subject matter expert on actuarial and cross-functional projects, with a high degree of focus on hedge modeling.
- Support ongoing risk reporting; communicate results of actuarial, financial, and risk analysis to peers and upper management.
- Review technical work done by other members of team or business partners.
- Assist with project planning within area and determine resource needs.
- Participate in professional development to maintain actuarial credentials.
- Bachelors degree
- ASA with 6+ years of actuarial experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate well to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills
- Strong technical skill set (Excel, VBA, actuarial modeling software)
- Ability to build collaborative relationships across the organization
- Strong understanding of insurance & annuity liabilities and financial modeling concepts
About Our Company
- Bachelors degree with focus on Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science or related disciplines
- FSA Designation
- Prophet/Prophet Enterprise experience
- Previous experience with modeling & fixed income and derivative assets and Asset/Liability analysis
- Previous experience with ERM/ALM/Market risk management
At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.