Senior Staff Actuary
Provide technical support by supervising, developing and enhancing a variety of complex actuarial models, applying business insight in designing models and developing tools to assist in analysis. Assist in preparing, performing and communicating results of actuarial, financial, and risk analyses to peers, middle and sometimes upper management. Serve as the subject matter expert in assigned projects and lead complex projects. Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership for the development and enhancement of complex actuarial models, applying business insight in the design, with specific focus on fixed income and derivate asset modeling.
- Assist in preparing, performing and ultimately communicating results of actuarial, financial and risk analysis to peers, middle and upper management as needed.
- Serve as the subject matter expert in projects with a modeling component and, as required, be responsible for expanded scope and responsibility with influence over project direction.
- Accountable for the validation and development of business controls.
- Provide in-direct leadership to members of the CMG.
- Professional development to maintain Actuarial credentials.
- ASA or FSA with 6 years of actuarial experience
- Strong relationship and communication skills in working with colleagues, influencing customers on recommendations and analysis results.
- Deep understanding of fixed income and derivative assets and experience modeling them.
About Our Company
- Strong technical skillset including experience doing development (e.g. VBA, .Net, etc).
- Strong analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills.
- Prophet ALS modeling experience.
- Experience with financial modeling concepts, specifically economic scenario generation techniques.
With the right company, life can Be Brilliant®. At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial and we can Be Brilliant® together.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.