Senior Quality Assurance Analyst
The candidate will deliver quality features and products by following rigorous testing technique;
- Understand various system components and assess the impact of changes
- In charge of analyzing software programs to ensure high quality and eliminate programming issues
- Drive efficiencies in the Quality Engineering process and invest appropriately in process changes, automation, tools etc to reduce overall QA efforts
You will be playing a key role in testing delivery best practices in agile teams of software engineers, oversee multiple worksteam testers. Responsibilities
- Effectively plan, manage and execute the testing process to validate that all functional and non-functional requirements are met. Maintain records of all test results using the designated tool set. Provide consistent and timely test execution status reporting to the project team and business partners. Review system and functional documentation as part of the testing process and make suggestions for changes or improvements where required. Actively participate in project phase end review sessions.
- Manage and actively participate in the test defect resolution process; including producing comprehensive defect descriptions, identify the cause, scope, risks and impact of a problem and facilitating defect reviews. Provide feedback to technology teams and business partners on design and usability improvements. Validate all product fixes and escalate issues that may affect the schedule, budget or quality of the product or testing process. Verify compliance of test processes on all projects.
- Translate business partner needs in to functionally sound test plans. Analyze and understand industry testing and compliance requirements in addition to specific business partner requests and needs. Participate in business requirements discussions, design sessions and functional specification reviews with the technology teams and business partners. Ensure that test plans adequately test the functionality, interfaces, performance, and data integrity of the project.
- Demonstrate an expert knowledge level of and be a vocal champion for the use of quality assurance principles, advanced testing tools, processes, quality control methodologies and other technology advances. Develop, continually improve and document the Ameriprise testing standards and procedures. Ensure that the appropriate testing methodologies are applied on all assigned projects. Incorporate industry standard quality assurance testing standards and tools in to the Ameriprise testing processes.
- Deliver quality process training to technology teams and act as an internal quality consultant to advise and influence business partners and the technology teams. Provide testing expertise and coach/mentor the testing team around best practices in quality assurance methodologies, practices and techniques (this includes more junior Quality Assurance Analysts as well as the broader technology project teams).
- Bachelors degree or equivalent with a degree focus of Computer Science or related technical field; or equivalent work experience.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience required
- 5+ years software testing experience.
- Demonstrated use of advanced automated testing tools.
- Advanced user experience within the assigned technology domain.
- Skilled knowledge in testing concepts, tools and methodologies working in a highly regulated environment/industry.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience using version control systems and automated testing tools and using scripting languages.
- Expert level knowledge with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) concepts.
About Our Company
- Certifications preferred: CSTA, CSTE, CTM
- Experience creating test automation framework.
- Experience with cloud and virtualization technologies
- In depth quality assurance testing experience within the Financial Services industry (i.e. broker-dealer, advisor distribution, asset management, insurance, etc.).
- Experience in API Testing (Rest Assured, Postman, Soap UI).
- Experience in Testing of Client Relationship Management Tools
- Experienced in Salesforce Testing, ETL Testing , API Testing, Database testing, Mainframe Testing and Mobile Testing.
- Basic Performance testing knowledge and execution.
With the right company, life can Be Brilliant®. The Ameriprise Financial Technology team mission is to create innovative technology solutions and engaging digital experiences for our clients, advisors, and employees. We embrace an inclusive and collaborative culture that allows us to partner across the business and lend our expertise in the areas of corporate computing, network infrastructure and security. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Technology and we can Be Brilliant® together.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.