Senior Project Manager Technology
End-to-end ownership of one or more technology projects or releases. Plan and effectively manage all aspects of assigned projects or small to medium size programs/releases, including cost, schedule, scope, quality and project resources following the appropriate methodologies. Responsibilities
- Major areas of accountability:
- Manage Project Life Cycle ~~ Develop Project ~~ Manage Project Resources ~~ Manage Expectations ~~ Reporting ~~ PM Champion ~~ Financial Accountability Indirect Expense $5-10MM
- Deliver an annual portfolio of high profile technology projects (in terms of complexity, risk and/or business criticality) with overall budgets ranging from approximately $5MM to $10MM+ through effective management of budget, schedule, scope, quality and risk. Accountable for project communications, milestone tracking, resource planning, financials, risk assessment and contingency planning and escalation and resolution of critical issues to project sponsors/owners.
- Develop the overall project vision, approach, objectives and key deliverables; identify/track key measures of success. Develop a comprehensive project plan incorporating deliverables, resource plans, milestones, accountabilities, communication plan and time lines. Ensure project tracking and status are maintained appropriately. Provide regular status reporting on plan progress, and ensure all company standards are followed. Ensure appropriate testing and quality reviews are conducted and receive sign-off.
- Identify and align project resource requirements including on-shore, off-shore, employee and contractor resources and work with plan sponsors to ensure adequately skilled resources are available to deliver on project commitments and ensure successful project delivery. Provide effective leadership to project resources in a manner that ensures timely delivery on commitments/tasks in support of broader project deliverables (through informal performance feedback, coaching and skill development, etc.).
- Work effectively with business partners, vendors and staff to develop the project agenda and ensure agreement/adoption of project objectives/deliverables by affected constituencies. Provide proactive project communication to project owner. Work to identify cross-organizational interdependencies and ensure appropriate integration to project plan. Effectively manage client expectations and resource requirements to ensure ownership and success.
- Create and manage the overall project readiness plan and communicate impacts to appropriate stakeholders. Lead and participate in regular post-implementation reviews and present project metrics to assist with evaluation of project quality. Provide regular status reporting for assigned releases. Log, track and escalate high priority project issues that may impact ability to deliver a quality project according to plan.
- Actively champion and contribute to the continuous improvement of project management best practices, using innovative ideas to increase effectiveness of the overall PM organization. Provide subject matter expertise in areas including project scope definition, risk identification, project methodology, resource allocation, facilitation and other areas of expertise based on established project management techniques. Pro-actively mentor Project Managers and Project Coordinators.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent (4-years) in Computer Science, Business or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- 7-10 years of relevant experience required.
- 7+ years across all phases of software development life cycle.
- Expert level understanding of business functional areas, business management issues and the IT organizations systems and capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity and to effectively manage within it.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills including executive level presentations.
- Successful track record of delivering projects that meet business objectives as well as time, budget and quality guidelines.
- Proven success managing large-scale technology projects with an exceptional track record meeting schedule and budget expectations.
About Our Company
- Certifications Preferred: PMP, PMI-ACI, PMI-RMP, PMI-SP.
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively with on-shore and off-shore employee and contract resources.
- Ability to formally present project related information in a clear, concise and persuasive manner.
- Expert skills in project management methodologies, processes and industry standard tools.
- Successful experience driving cross-functional and cross-organizational teams to meet project objectives.
- Ability to relate well at all levels of the organization, building rapport and maintaining collaborative relationships.
With the right company, life can Be Brilliant®. The Ameriprise Financial Technology team mission is to create innovative technology solutions and engaging digital experiences for our clients, advisors, and employees. We embrace an inclusive and collaborative culture that allows us to partner across the business and lend our expertise in the areas of corporate computing, network infrastructure and security. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Technology and we can Be Brilliant® together.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.