Senior Manager of Planning and Administration
Support senior leader and their organization by ensuring independent coordination of deliverables including coordination of staff agendas, budget management, business metrics and reporting, communications and presentations and other initiatives to drive the business agenda. Operate with minimal oversight, often representing the senior leader and communicating on their behalf. Responsibilities
* Set and prepare meeting agendas, capture action items during meetings, coordinate follow-up, and ensure follow-through
* Partner with NSM admin assistant on calendar and email to ensure timely follow-up
* Manage execution of key sales projects and strategies (e.g., Sales Solution Paths, Advice, RVS Advantage, Practice Source, CRM, etc.)
* Meet regularly with department support staff to ensure coordination of administrative and project work. May be responsible for developing, coaching and guiding other support staff members
* Prepare business updates and provide project support as needed for key business partners
* Partner with broader organization to execute large scale meeting agendas (e.g., Monthly national sales call, Mid-year meeting, January national sales conference, High-profile advisor-facing training events, etc.)
* Prepare presentations, communications and speeches for the direct leader, which generally involves presentations to employee, advisor, or management groups. May also be accountable for developing draft materials based on assimilating various pieces of data for meeting such as Business Line Reviews.
* Partner with business intelligence to provide analytics to inspect business strategy as needed
* Manage ongoing cyclical processes, which include department budget management, oversight of planning, including employee engagement, employee survey, mid-year and year-end activities, including annual goal and compensation process.
* Partner with HR to oversee and implement business specific people strategies Required Qualifications
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent
* 7-10 years of relevant experience
* Ability to work under pressure with undefined processes, tight deadlines and frequently changing priorities.
* Ability to build effective relationships and work collaboratively across diverse units / staff functions.
* Strong communication/influencing skills to interact with all levels.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills to analyze data/information and form conclusions.
* Effective planning and coordination skills; proven ability to create timelines and execute accordingly.
* Ability to handle confidential or sensitive information with discretion. Preferred Qualifications
* Project management experience preferred.
* Knowledge of Ameriprise field structure
* Knowledge of Life and DI Insurance products About Our Company
Riversource Annuities and Insurance is a part of the Ameriprise family of brands that provides our clients access to solutions that create a road map for their future. At Riversource we embrace an inclusive and collaborative culture that allows us to help others achieve their goals by providing compelling product solutions. This includes insurance to prepare for and be protected during the unexpected, as well as annuities that will provide support through every stage of retirement planning such as asset accumulation, generating income, and leaving a legacy to loved ones or charity. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Riversource.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.