Senior Manager of Data Governance & Operations
The Senior Manager of Data Governance & Operations will own data domain and governance for the Advisor Compensation and Operations team. Will be responsible for advancing and maturing data management capabilities with a focus on managing data policies, standards, business rules and procedures. The role will also manage operational controls, audits and projects for advisor compensation programs. Responsibilities
• Maintain processes for creating and maintaining data policies, standards, business rules and procedures
• Ensure processes are being followed and documentation is being maintained
• Coach, mentor, advise on best practices related to data policies, standards and procedures
• Identify and document data policies, standards, business rules and procedures
• Own and present in working group and leaders meetings
• Work closely with Enterprise Data Governance on policy and application changes.
• Assist with remediation efforts related to standards and business rule compliance
• Manage regulatory, risk, supervisory and audit projects
• Drive project initiatives, establish timelines, connect with cross commits and implement Required Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent and minimum 7-10 years relevant experience.
• Applies knowledge and ability to define and/or operate against the vision/strategy of data and governance.
• Ensures complete compliance of data with all policies as it relates to visibility and distribution.
• Identifies and manages data policies and standards in alignment with the needs of the business and/or industry.
• Identifies and communicates insights and potential upstream/downstream impacts and opportunities to customers, business and/or enterprise leaders.
• Exemplifies effective communication and change management skills to varying audiences, can effectively influence stakeholders.
• Able to manage multiple project initiatives with competing deliverables Preferred Qualifications
• Informatica - Axon, Informatica Data Quality and Enterprise Data Catalog
• Demonstrates an understanding of data governance modeling, tools, and practices
• Operational Excellence certification and/or experience preferred About Our Company
With the right company, life can Be Brilliant®. At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial and we can Be Brilliant® together.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.