Provide operational leadership and direction to technology operations team(s) of significant scope/impact (employees, contract personnel and vendor partners) dedicated to portfolio(s) of technical business applications and/or services, including: operational maintenance, production support, front-line management of incidents, development support, and proactive/preventative analysis (to include solution ideation, recommendation and implementation). Serve as point-person and operational expert for issues, needs and projects regarding or related to multiple areas of responsibility.
Define and implement the strategy, roadmap, and lifecycle management of all end-user computing devices to support the business.
Lead the Deskside Support function, IT Asset Managment fucntions of the EUC Operations teams.
Lead a team that provisions, tracks and disposes end-user devices, including laptops, personal computers, and associated accessories.
Collaborate with the Service Desk, managing all end-user incidents and request tickets with data and metrics-driven decision-making.
Compile weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports/metrics for service performance and quality to IT leadership
Improve user awareness of IT services, by coordinating training, documentation, and communication initiatives.
Day to day management of third-party service providers and Ameriprise resources in the delivery of projects and Global Workplace Technology Solutions managed services.
Develop and implement formal processes, tools, and organizational capabilities to better service evolving business needs.
Manage vendor support agreements and performance compliance to agreed-upon metrics
Successfully partner and collaborate with other IT teams, partners, suppliers, and the business to develop solutions to enhance our customer experience based on defined business requirements.
Provide technical and leadership direction as well as mentorship within the Global Workplace Technology Solutions functions and teams.
Maintain an accurate, up-to-date inventory of end-user devices, client software licenses, and device compliance.
Manage and track software license allocations, reservations, renewals and true-ups.
Lead Vendor Risk Assessments in collaboration with Ameriprise InfoSec and Risk teams for Vendors
Manage the overall budget and procurement of end-user technologies, reviewing/approving associated invoices, and management maintenance renewals.
Transform, manage, and lead in a busy environment.
Transform and maintain hardware and software asset inventories and depots.
Function as a technical escalation point within Global Workplace Technology Solutions Responsibilities
- Participate in the change management process to approve technology and service changes; ensure balance between business need and impact/risk. Establish technology/service goals and reporting needs. Participate in transition of technology and services into production support. Develop and/or oversee development of call scripts, monitoring procedures and break/fix documentation. Collaborate on system health evaluations to address performance issues and establish action plans (internal and/or vendor).
- Provide oversight and leadership to technology operations team(s) (including employees and contract personnel/vendor partners and their resources). Delegate work to ensure effective execution of team/function deliverables. Ensure knowledge transfer and cross-training of team(s) to effectively support the business. Develop and maintain a high-performing team(s) through effective hiring, vendor partner management, coaching and performance management. Champion policies and standards.
- Provide insight into operational requirements and funding conversations. Participate in the budget and project planning process by providing accurate estimates of work, resources required, scope and cost as it relates to area of responsibility. Review vendor/supplier invoices, as applicable, to ensure services provided/business activity translates accurately to spend.
- Primary contact for assigned function(s)/portfolio(s). Monitor and perform routine performance/service-level audits to ensure optimal utilization. Execute scheduled and unscheduled operational maintenance tasks. Develop processes, work streams and maintenance schedules. Ensure escalation processes in place and utilized. Collaborate with technical teams, business partners, and vendors to advocate for assigned services/technologies, ensuring stable operations/production environment.
- Provide end-to-end oversight of critical incidents. Coordinate efforts of support teams (internal and/or vendor) to drive service restoration targets. Liaise with technology teams to develop corrective action or workarounds to resolve incidents. Ensure action plans are in place to address recurring issues, including escalation and effective hand-off to other technology teams as required. Ensure compliance with incident management processes and procedures. Provide on-call support.
- Primary day-to-day liaison with suppliers and vendors for assigned portfolio(s) of applications/services. Monitor, review and report on progress against technology goals/needs (metrics and measures). Provide feedback based on execution and delivery of services. Work with vendors, technology and the business to establish and review service level agreements/objectives (SLA/Os). Work in conjunction with vendors to ensure service commitments are maintained.
- Maintain up-to-date skills in relevant technologies. Participate and provide expertise in the selection, implementation and use of tools and best practices. Establish and maintain effective and productive working relationships with business partners, vendor partners and service providers, as well as other teams across technology (e.g. peers in operations, application development). Maintain a broad understanding of business, business needs, and how assigned technologies drive and support the business.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- 7-10 years of relevant work experience required.
- 4+ years of experience providing day-to-day oversight/supervision to a team of technical employees and/or vendor partner resources.
- 5-7+ years of broad technical experience with proven expertise in a majority of the following areas: servers, networks, hardware, operating systems (Windows, UNIX, Solaris, Linux, AIX), virtualization software, middleware and related base build infrastructure and software.
- Experience and subject matter expertise in the web and distributed computing environment, as well as mainframe experience.
- 4+ years of experience and proven success identifying and implementing opportunities for improvement to configurations, procedures and process to enable greater availability, capability and efficiency.
About Our Company
- Prior experience building, transforming, and maturing End User Compute operations
- Experience in a technology capability oversight role supporting end-user PCs, collaboration tools, meeting rooms, and associated hardware and software
- Proven ability leading an end-user computing function supporting PCs, Windows/Mac operating systems, application deployment, file and print services, and Microsoft 365 suite/ tools and apps
- Strong experience with vendor performance management, including development and monitoring of SOWs and deliverables, SLA compliance, and general vendor relationship management
- Strong management skills with the ability to develop teams and cultivate talent, able to lead global teams consisting of internal employees and external service providers
- Deep knowledge of and experience with collaboration and conflict resolution
- Ability to develop, document, and measure EUC-associated KPIs for the internal team(s) and vendors.
- Experience driving a collaborative culture that values technical depth, accountability, and customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences of various levels within the organization.
- Well-developed skills in presentation building and process mapping
- Understanding of ITIL and ITSM processes and implementation
- Strong knowledge of Windows and Apple client hardware and operating systems
- Broad knowledge of end-user device management technologies, e.g., Intune, Systems Center Configuration Manager, ServiceNow, Citrix, AVD, or JAMF
- Customer service focused.
- ITIL Foundations Certification is a plus.
- NOTE: The company does not offer L1 sponsorship for this opportunity.
The Ameriprise Financial Technology team mission is to create innovative technology solutions and engaging digital experiences for our clients, advisors, and employees. We embrace an inclusive and collaborative culture that allows us to partner across the business and lend our expertise in the areas of corporate computing, network infrastructure and security. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Technology.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.