Senior Manager, Risk Management
Provide operational and/or financial risk management by leading the organization in critical risk control development and day-to-day risk oversight for complex product lines. Provide project support and lead process reviews identifying risk and developing solutions while maintaining regulatory and supervisory controls. Serve as escalation point of contact/ risk liaison to ensure appropriate information exchange. Pro-actively identify opportunities and recommend solutions to mitigate current and future business risk. Provide leadership, training, coaching as appropriate. Responsibilities
- Facilitate alignment, resolve escalated issues and provide a point of contact for business and external senior leaders for complex product lines. Pro-actively identify opportunities and recommend solutions to mitigate current and future business risk.
- Ensure regulatory and supervisory controls are in place for products and processes by acting as a point of contact for internal and external business partners. Direct and guide initiatives by validating applicable rules to business processes and enhancing processes or documentation as necessary. Lead operational and regulatory audits.
- Review reports illustrating risk parameters and metrics associated with business lines. Develop and enhance risk measurement policies, procedures and metrics. Enhance risk reporting with new ideas gathered from research, best practices, and knowledge. Monitor key metrics and resolve issues across business.
- Coach and mentor other team members. Key lead on complex escalation issues. May provide direct leadership to team of risk managers and/or analysts. Serve as a key resource in special projects that have larger scale organizational impacts.
About Our Company
- Bachelors degree or equivalent.
- 7+ years of relevant experience.
- Series 7 or ability to obtain within 90 days.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
- Strong ability to lead, partner, and influence across all leadership levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to drive results and meet deadlines to reduce risks.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Demonstrated people leadership experience, either through direct leadership or coaching/mentoring roles.
With the right company, life can Be Brilliant®. At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial and we can Be Brilliant® together.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.