Senior Manager - Business Program Management
This position will provide strategic business-focused support and analysis to the Banking and Cash Solutions business unit. It will be part of the office of the President, Ameriprise Bank, FSB and Ameriprise Certificate Company. Typical responsibilities include: business planning, operations planning, department communications, and other key initiatives to pro-actively drive the business unit agenda. This role functions as an extension of the leader and frequently represents the senior leader through meetings or personal interactions. Responsibilities Responsibilities of this position will include:
• Plan, coordinate, and administer department programs and ensure delivery of key tasks to support organizational effectiveness. Responsibilities may often include budget management, organizational metrics, tracking and reporting, and improvement in employee satisfaction. Often partner with other functional areas, such as Finance, HR, Legal, Corporate Communications, ELT Office(s) etc. to accomplish responsibilities.
• Prepare presentations, communications and speeches for the Bank President, which generally involve presentations to employee, advisor, or management groups. May also be accountable for developing draft materials for meetings such as Business Line Reviews (BLRs), Health of Business Reviews (HOBs), etc. with Executive leadership.
• Assist with broad, cross-organizational initiatives for which the direct leader has been assigned accountability; these may include business transformation, business strategy and development and other key initiatives. May be expected to oversee project work or arrange business events for the executive.
• Manage larger, ongoing program execution and delivery to meet quality standards, schedule, milestone and budget commitments. Manage program expectations, scope, risk and changes. Develop and maintain a work plan at the required level of detail which indicates the key dependencies, resources, the time-frame for completion of the project and the key deliverables.
• Conduct periodic briefings/status updating executive sponsors and program steering committee. Escalate concerns to executive sponsors as necessary.
• Risk Event expert for the Banking and Cash Solutions business unit to ensure that all risk events are reported and resolved on a timely basis
• Monitor, track and analyze the expense base of the business unit, including all Project Financials
• Provide direct and indirect leadership and direction to others, including coaching, mentoring and annual performance reviews, where applicable Required Qualifications
• 7+ years relevant professional work experience required
• Bachelor's degree in relevant field
• Relevant Finance background
• Consulting experience
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written) to work with all levels of the organization, as well as being able to represent the senior leader internally and externally.
• Proven project management skills with strong organizational skills. Strong attention to detail to ensure deadlines are met and work product is accurate.
• Excellent relationship and interpersonal skills, along with the demonstrated ability to work cross-organizationally.
• Proficiency w/ computer programs (MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and knowledge of administrative programs (Outlook, Ariba Buyer, XMS, Concur, etc.).
• Strong strategic, analytical, judgment and problem-solving skills to analyze data, develop compelling solutions and/or recommendations.
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure with undefined processes, tight deadlines and frequently changing priorities.
• Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality due to accessing and handling sensitive information. Preferred Qualifications
• Excellent understanding of various facets of the Ameriprise organization; including insight into various business units and the Field organization.
• Knowledge of or expert in line of business being supported (Business Development & Banking and Cash Solutions) About Our Company
With the right company, life can be brilliant. At Ameriprise, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential. Be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you for your contributions and work with other talented individuals who share your passion for doing great work. You'll also have plenty of opportunities to make your mark at the office and a difference in your community. So if you're talented, driven and want to work for a strong ethical company that cares, take the next step to create a brilliant career at Ameriprise Financial.