Senior Manager --Corporate Social Responsibility
The Senior Manager, Corporate Social Responsibility role helps advance our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) performance and stakeholder engagement as part of an experienced external public affairs team. The role reports to the Vice President - Corporate Communications who leads our CSR capability and chairs the company's CSR Steering Committee. In addition, the role helps support additional corporate public relations initiatives, primarily HR and Real Estate. Responsibilities
- We are seeking a candidate with experience in sustainability, a deep understanding of global ESG reporting frameworks and research providers/surveys, as well as strong writing skills. The candidate must have excellent project management skills and experience advancing work in a matrixed organization.
- The individual will work with the team to help develop and enhance our CSR capability, including playing a key role in drafting our annual updates to our Responsible Business Report and helping to enhance our online experience, as part of our efforts to tell the Ameriprise story. The candidate will also provide direct support to the Ameriprise CSR Steering Committee and liaison with senior leaders across our diversified firm.
- The candidate will be the main point person for responding to ESG research surveys and work with Corporate Communications senior leaders to advance the company's near- and longer-term sustainability strategy.
- 7 - 10 years experience of which minimum of 5+ years public affairs and/or sustainability experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, manage and implement strategic communications within a matrixed organization.
- Strong problem solving, project management and interpersonal skills.
- Financial services experience is preferred but not required.
- Energized about the opportunity to help shape the firm's reputation as a responsible firm.