Senior Manager-Technology Delivery
This person should have a good mix of technical knowledge, cloud fundamentals, and program management. The problems that this role will solve are often not well-defined and require work across the organization to develop programs and strategies with limited guidance. We expect this role will have excellent communication skills and be able to effectively communicate to and influence engineers, senior leaders, and other stakeholders. Additionally, as a delivery manager on our team, you will be involved in the decision-making process at various levels to ensure that we are meeting requirements, simplifying processes, and delivering complex programs on scope, schedule, and budget. If you are interested in the field of Cloud and are passionate about making a positive impact by driving the delivery of projects that will transform Ameriprise, this position will provide you with an interesting opportunity in an environment of rapid innovation. Responsibilities
As part of the Cloud Delivery Organization, you will lead complex, multi-disciplinary programs using your program management and technical expertise. You will work with stakeholders to define program goals and timelines, engage with internal teams to understand their space and unique challenges, and drive delivery of multi-faceted programs. This work includes identifying and mitigating program risks, dependencies, and contingencies while clearly communicating status to stakeholders. You will measure and monitor progress of outcomes against the program schedule and seek to continuously improve efficiency. You should be comfortable influencing cross-functional organizations, proficient at multi-tasking, innovative, self-directed, and collaborate effectively to create and implement win-win solutions. Required Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related field, or equivalent relevant work experience.
- 7-10 years of relevant experienced required.
- Deep and broad program management and technical background with 7-10+ years experience of progressive scope/impact/responsibility (including both hands-on and leadership roles) working with relevant enterprise technologies.
- 3-5+ years of project management experience with a proven track record for delivering projects and driving execution.
- Demonstrated experience and success in influencing, leading, and coaching without direct leadership responsibility.
- Demonstrated superior reasoning and troubleshooting skills.
- 2+ years of direct people-management experience to include performance management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to translate technical information to non-technical audiences and vice versa.
- Experience working in a multi-vendor (outsourced) environment.
- Ability to negotiate or persuade others in complex situations.