Senior Manager-Product Marketing
Plan and develop event content for virtual and in-person events including audience analysis, training method delivery and post-strategy effectiveness review. Create sales strategies and advanced product concepts to drive product uptake and sales. Primary point of contact for annuity competitor intelligence and advanced case support for wholesalers and their advisors. Works individually or with a team to analyze market conditions, the annuity competitive landscape to determine strategies that meet clients' needs and promote our solutions. Plans for the effective development and implementation of longer term marketing projects, evaluating for program effectiveness. Responsibilities
- 30% Develop and write content outlines, presentation decks and other event-related materials in partnership with Products, Sales, and Service. Provide thought leadership for event content development - RiverSource, Ameriprise and others, as needed.
- 25% Create sales strategies from concept-to-development, in partnership with Sales, Service, Legal, Compliance, CCRG and Tax. Build relationships across the enterprise to identify and share sales strategy best practices.
- 20% Develop wholesaler training materials for new internal and external wholesalers. Create training for product changes and launches and topics, as determined by RiverSource senior leaders. Deliver training, as needed, to internal business partners.
- 15% Provide ongoing competitor and advanced sales/complex question support to sales organization through day-to-day duties of providing updates at meetings and responding to e-mail and phone requests. Develop competitor and advanced sales resources including managing the competitor grid.
- 10% Manage programs that support overall business strategy goals and drive measurable results. Track program participation and results and provide recommendations for improvements. Build and maintain relationships across the organization to ensure alignment and integration.
- Ability to think strategically, coach and influence people at all levels of the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Ability to translate complex concepts to easy-to-understand language
- Annuity product experience
- FINRA Series 6 or the ability to obtain within 3 months of hire
About Our Company
- Demonstrated experience developing sales strategies
- Background in developing event and/or training content for financial advisors
Riversource Annuities and Insurance is a part of the Ameriprise family of brands that provides our clients access to solutions that create a road map for their future. At Riversource we embrace an inclusive and collaborative culture that allows us to help others achieve their goals by providing compelling product solutions. This includes insurance to prepare for and be protected during the unexpected, as well as annuities that will provide support through every stage of retirement planning such as asset accumulation, generating income, and leaving a legacy to loved ones or charity. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Riversource.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.