Senior Director Business Program Management
Build out the global capability and lead the delivery of large, significantly complex collateral automation initiatives that involve obtaining agreement/adoption of program objectives and deliverables by key sponsors. Develop a comprehensive plan that is maintained to track deliverables and progress toward completion on time and within budget. Share program management expertise and leadership with others. Responsibilities
- Responsible for the delivery of large and complex business programs that are often cross-organizational initiatives in support of strategic objectives. Ensures that all programs are managed within the company's project delivery framework. Accountable for business program communications, identification of issues/risks and escalation of critical issues to senior leaders. Provides recommendations and/or solutions for identified issues.
- Provide leadership to direct reports that includes coaching and feedback, employee development, and performance management. Also accountable for leading program resources (who may not be direct reports) in a manner that ensures timely delivery on commitments/tasks in support of broader program deliverables. Ensure that direct reports (who lead smaller programs) are meeting program timelines and commitments.
- Define the overall objectives and key deliverables for the program, identifies and tracks key measures of success. Ensure the development of a comprehensive business program plan that incorporates deliverables, accountabilities and timelines. Provide regular status reporting on plan progress, as defined by company standards.
- Develop and utilizes strong working relationships to ensure thorough and effective management of assigned program initiative(s). Work closely with business partners, vendors, technology and project management staff to develop the program agenda and ensure agreement/adoption of program objectives/deliverables by all affected constituencies. Identify all interdependencies and ensure appropriate integration to program plan.
- Ensure appropriately skilled resources are available to deliver on program commitments. Develop appropriate resource strategy for accomplishing program deliverables that may include utilization of internal or external resources that considers cost, expertise, and appropriateness to the respective program.
- Bachelors degree or 10+ years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated experience in leading large-scale automation initiatives to successful completion and implementation.
- Strong relationship building skills; highly effective communication skills that include ability to gain acceptance of others to a point of view.
- Ability to identify and resolve/mitigate issues or risks associated with programs.
- Proven people leadership, skill development, effective coaching, and performance management.
- Experience managing teams across multiple geographical locations.
About Our Company
- Project Management Professional certification
- Adept at standard office and project management applications such as Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project.
- Familiarity with Vermilion Factset reporting platform.
Millions of people around the world rely on Columbia Threadneedle Investments to manage their money. We're intentionally built to help our clients succeed, backed by a global team of 2,000 people including more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. At Columbia Threadneedle, you'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority. In addition to our competitive total rewards package, employees stay with us because of our culture and commitment to their development. And, backed by the strength of our parent company, Ameriprise Financial, we are committed to providing you with the tools, resources, recognition and rewards to help you shape the career you want.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.