Senior Director- Application Development
Provide strategic and operational leadership in the design and development of a broad scope of highly critical and visible internal and customer applications. Work closely with the business to effectively translate business strategy and objectives into technological capability, while collaborating with Architecture to assure technological compatibility and compliance with the architectural road map. Manage on- and off-shore resources, both internal and vendor provided, and finances to ensure best-in-class solutions that are high quality, cost effective, sustainable, and market leading. Responsibilities
- Provide strategic direction and day-to-day leadership to a team of highly technical employees. Develop and maintain an organization of high performing people through effective hiring, coaching, and rigorous performance/talent management processes. Influence and implement a resource strategy (internal versus vendor) based on business need, scope of work, cost, and skill requirements. Foster a collaborative, success-oriented team environment where resources are empowered and accountable.
- Collaborate with the business to understand business strategy and needs, customer needs, and market trends. Collaborate with architecture and leadership on design of a supporting technology strategy, including a multi-year road map, that aligns with architectural design, plan, and standards. Provide cost and feasibility analysis to support and gain strategy approval. Implement and drive strategy. Oversee annual asset health and security assessments and incorporate output into the development strategy.
- Ensure that solution design and delivery meet business requirements and expectations regarding cost, schedule, and scope. Deliver operational excellence through development, formal release schedules and release management processes, service level agreements (SLAs), problem resolution through system monitoring, and change management. Effectively oversee multiple projects simultaneously.
- Collaborate with the enterprise procurement team to ensure appropriate procurement processes are followed and to assist in effective management of vendor relationships. Partner with vendor partners to ensure all on- and off-shore resources are of appropriate skill set, Ameriprise preferred methodologies are followed, output meets quality standards, and established SLAs are met.
- Strategically plan and prioritize software/solution releases within planned release schedules based on enterprise business strategy, business and technology need, and impact, while assuring appropriate scope, size, and impact of releases to end users. Effectively plan all design, development, and testing work to ensure the pre-determined release schedule is met.
- Participate in the annual budget and financial planning process for assigned organization, technical assets, and related projects. Prioritize and plan technology product solutions within the annual investment budget. Quickly cut through ambiguity to accurately forecast project costs for the business. Collaborate with involved teams across the business and with vendor partners to effectively and accurately estimate amount of work and resulting cost associated with project deliverables.
- Champion and ensure compliance with organizational standards, practices and methodologies. Participate in the design and implementation of new methodologies, practices, and standards, as required. Hold teams accountable for following and implementing Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology and quality management framework for projects.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of experience in technology and/or software development, progressing in complexity and responsibility.
- 5-7+ years of leadership experience that includes leadership of technical projects and teams.
- 2-3+ years of proven experience and success in strategy planning and execution.
- 2-3+ years of experience and proven success in developing/supporting large volume transaction systems for trading, money movement, as well as web
- 3-5+ years of experience in successfully planning and managing budgets (departmental and/or project).
About Our Company
- Demonstrated maturity and effectiveness in leadership of technical projects and teams.
- Demonstrated superior ability to deliver technical solutions of increasing scope, complexity, visibility and criticality on time and within budget through
- both vendor (on- and off-shore) and employee resources.
- Demonstrated thought leader and innovator in using technology to move the business forward.
- Highly effective communication skills that includes the ability to deliver technical information to non-technical audiences.
With the right company, life can Be Brilliant®. At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial and we can Be Brilliant® together.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.