Senior Data Scientist
Support modeling, data analysis and help drive initiatives to solve business problems. Demonstrate initiative and ability to work with a team and with other departments to gather required data. Using analytics tools and programming skills, provide information-based analysis and modeling solutions to support management decision in areas such as service improvement, risk management and cost reduction. Develop presentations, reports and dashboards that aid in communicating analytics insights, metrics and KPI. Responsibilities
- Assist in the day to day data analysis and development and implementation of complex analytical solutions leveraging tools such as predictive modeling, advanced machine learning techniques, simulation, optimization solutions, etc.. May lead efforts on small-medium sized projects.
- Assist in dataset creation including data extraction, derived and dependent variable creation, and data quality control processes for analytics, model development, and validation. Be the liaison between business leaders, staff, utility functions, and at times external parties to ensure information exchange and accomplish business objectives. Partner closely with leader and others to ensure proper delivery.
- Under direction of the Sr. Leader, collaborate with business leaders and/or analysts to provide analytical thought leadership and support for business problems. Help identify and interpret business needs, define high-level business requirements, strategy, technical risks, and scope. Develop, document, and communicate business-driven analytic solutions and capabilities, translating modeling and analytic output into understandable and actionable business knowledge.
- Embed analytic programs and tools. Ensure continued accuracy, relevancy, and effectiveness and track process improvements once deployed. Provide and review reports of quantitative and qualitative data produced both internally and externally to the company. Ensure accuracy and appropriate report design. Be responsible for resolution to reporting issues as they arise.
- Ensure adherence to data and model governance standards that are set and enforced by industry standards and/or enterprise and business unit data governance polices and leaders.
- Contribute to ongoing expansion of data science expertise and credentials by keeping up with industry best practices, developing new skills, and knowledge sharing. Work cross functionally to develop standardized/automated solutions and adopt best p
- Masters degree or equivalent
- 1-3 years of experience required.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical concepts and techniques; skilled in linear algebra.
- Competence using advanced statistical methods such as generalized regression models, Bayesian methods, random forest, gradient boosting, neural networks, machine learning, clustering, or similar methodologies.
- Experience with statistical programming (SAS, R, Python, SQL etc.) & data visualization software in a data-rich environment.
- Ability to present/communicate complex, technical materials in a way that facilitates decision making and drives outcomes; ability to communicate to less technical partners.
- Proven ability to apply both strategic and analytic techniques to provide business solutions and recommendations.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience.
- Good IT business acumen and awareness of IT operation trends.
- Experience with Cloud Computing Environments such as AWS.