Senior Compensation Consultant
If you are not located close to a physical office, remote work is considered for qualified candidates.
Serve as a senior compensation consultant supporting our corporate staff group functions (Corporate Finance, Marketing, Communications, Legal, etc.) by partnering closely with HR Business Partners and business leaders to proactively develop compensation strategies and solutions. Leverage compensation data, tools and processes and provide subject matter expertise to translate analysis into easily understood recommendations. Partner with leaders to ensure compensation programs support business objectives and align with the firm's compensation philosophy. Lead compensation programs and/or initiatives on behalf of the compensation team. Responsibilities
- Serve as a senior consultant for HR Business Partners and business leaders on all compensation programs and practices that pertain to the respective line(s) of business. Identify, develop, and implement solutions that address business challenges and align with the company's compensation philosophy. Provide guidance on compensation actions for new hires, internal transfers, and promotions.
- Lead enterprise-wide compensation projects and/or processes. Partner with senior leadership to ensure initiatives support business objectives and align with the company's compensation philosophy.
- Partner with other compensation team members on initiatives that cross organizational boundaries or have implications outside immediate area of responsibility, provide leadership/expertise within specialized area(s). Collaborate with internal business partners and external vendors to ensure compensation initiatives are implemented effectively and escalated issues are resolved.
- Maintain in-depth compensation and industry knowledge. Conduct competitive analysis and recommend updates as necessary in line with market trends and findings.
- Lead the development and delivery of compensation education and training to HR colleagues, leaders, and employees through both formal training sessions or one-on-one discussion/consultation. Develop communication strategies related to new or changed compensation programs, including annual year-end compensation materials.
- Provide indirect leadership to other compensation team members.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience in developing and administering compensation programs that drive desired business results.
- Excellent analytical skills and detail orientation.
- Demonstrated relationship and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated proficiency in providing business consultation.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel and proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency using Workday, MarketPay and other compensation systems and tools.
About Our Company
- Master's degree or equivalent
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP)
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Financial Services industry experience.
With the right company, life can Be Brilliant®. At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial and we can Be Brilliant® together.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.