Senior Compensation Analyst
Independently complete analysis of data and information to understand opportunities to develop or modify internal employee compensation programs and initiatives. Provide direct consulting support and guidance to compensation consultants and HR Business Partners on compensation matters of moderate complexity. Responsibilities
- Partner with other compensation team members to provide analytical support to multiple business lines to identify and develop business strategies. Lead initiatives specific to an assigned business line, providing direct consulting support to HR Business Partners on moderately complex requests.
- Perform complex analysis to identify opportunities and make recommendations for the development or modification of various compensation programs (broad-based incentive, sales compensation, long-term incentive award, etc.). Summarize and present recommendations and solutions to Compensation leaders or HR Business Partners.
- Lead the administration of activities related to any number of compensation programs including base salary, variable incentives, year-end processes, job codes/titles, market pricing database, etc. Responsible for owning specific programs and/or processes for the entire team.
- Responsible for the submission of salary surveys and the analysis of results, including job matching to current positions within the company and development of pay structures.
- Based on compensation and business needs related to compensation, identify, develop, and produce applicable queries and reports from Human Resources Management Systems (HRMS). Analyze reports and suggest solutions based on findings. Utilize and assist in the maintenance/set up of market database and year-end compensation tools.
- Assist in the development and delivery of compensation education and training to HR colleagues, leaders, and employees through both formal training sessions or one-on-one discussion/consultation.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
- 3-5 years' relevant experience.
- Strong compensation data analysis and data interpretation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data to identify trends or patterns.
- Ability to identify issues and develop potential solutions, using data to support recommendations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required to discuss issues and articulate program/policy interpretation to HR staff and business leaders.
- Ability to build strong working relationships through delivery of credible work product.
- Developing consulting skills and techniques.
- Strong skills with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Access, HRMS systems, market database software, and query reporting tools.
- Demonstrated skill with presentation of information to large groups.