Senior Business Systems Analyst Tech
Act as the liaison between the business and IT organizations to provide business critical or complex technical solutions that meet user needs and improve business performance by providing the technical analysis of business requirements, problem solving and troubleshooting as part of a larger project team. Accountable for ensuring that clear, concise requirements have been captured. Participate in testing, drive issue resolution, support the implementation check-out process and develop all procedural documentation and manuals. Responsibilities
- Gather, analyze, document and manage business and user requirements (both functional and non-functional) to effectively recommend technology solutions that best address the requirements. Identify potential solutions for the business and provide input to issues or risks (through solid knowledge of the business and user requirements). Identify project interdependencies and communicate requirement/scope issues and participate in driving them to resolution for inclusion in the functional specifications. Responsible for detailed API design documents.
- Translate business and user requirements in to detailed system requirements for the IT organization and manage all changes to the source documents. Ensure appropriate bi-directional tracing of project modifications back to business and user requirements. Complete project work objects and deliverables using Ameriprise Quality Measurement Systems (AQMS) standards. Facilitate walk-through of project deliverables. Assist with the development of the testing strategy - plan thorough requirements testing.
- Demonstrate expert level knowledge in all systems, processes and data relating to the assigned business or project. Leverage domain expertise and analyst practice expertise to provide the most effective solutions to the business partners in the most efficient means possible. Select appropriate analysis techniques and tools (process modeling, use cases, etc.) for each project. Educate business partners on systems capabilities and the feasibility of developing specific solutions.
- Leverage technical knowledge and business acumen to manage effective working relationships with technology teams and business partners at management and end user levels. Work effectively in a team environment to ensure that solution delivery is on time, within cost estimates and meets business needs. Negotiate technical and non-technical solutions that both satisfy the business users and conform to the technical architecture. Prepare estimates of Business System Analyst work efforts for assigned projects.
- Complete all support documentation on assigned projects, including creating and updating all user and technical procedures/manuals, operational support documentation and archival of all related project documentation. Define and monitor all implementation tasks such as the production check-out process, including review of reports, data files and Online screens to ensure technical solutions perform according to the specifications and meet defined business requirements.
- Actively champion and contribute to the continuous improvement of business systems analysis best practices, using innovative ideas to increase effectiveness of the overall analyst organization. Provide subject matter expertise in areas including strategy/approach, requirements gathering, process modeling, use cases and other areas of expertise based on established business analysis tools and techniques. Proactively mentor others in the business analyst practitioner community.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, similar field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience required.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in business and functional requirements elicitation, translation and documentation.
- Expert level analysis skills including ability to identify patterns, potential issues and then translate those into functional and test requirements.
- Expert level understanding of business functional areas and management issues as well as the IT organizations systems and capabilities.
- Knowledge of and ability to effectively use the appropriate modeling methodologies and tool-sets, requirements management methodologies and tool-sets, requirements visualization methods and tool-sets, and artifact versioning tools.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
About Our Company
- Certifications Preferred: CBAP
- 2+ years of microservices API designing experience creating Entity Models, API specifications, state diagrams, and/or ODATA restful web services.
- Expertise in detailed data analysis and report generation and creating source data mapping documents.
- Solid understanding of SOA Architecture, XML, JSON, and YAML
- Experience working within a defined development life cycle methodology (e.g. CMMI, Ameriprise Quality Management System (AQMS)) environment.
- Working knowledge of DocSource and/or other knowledge management tools.
- Experience working with the following tools: MS Office, Clarity, MS Visio, and HP Quality Center.
- Experience with writing use cases and test cases.
- Experience with business process modeling.
With the right company, life can Be Brilliant®. The Ameriprise Financial Technology team mission is to create innovative technology solutions and engaging digital experiences for our clients, advisors, and employees. We embrace an inclusive and collaborative culture that allows us to partner across the business and lend our expertise in the areas of corporate computing, network infrastructure and security. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Technology and we can Be Brilliant® together.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.