Senior Business Analyst
The Sr. Business Analyst position will have primary focus on the drafting and filing of annuity and insurance policy forms with the interstate compact and state insurance departments for approval. Responsibilities
- Lead the drafting, editing and peer review of policy forms (contracts, policies, endorsements, applications).
- Draft policy and time of application forms to meet project and state requirements.
- File policy forms with the Interstate Insurance Product Regulation Commission (Compact) and state insurance departments.
- Document and report on filing status.
- Handle complex drafting and filing situations.
- Create system test plans and test policy forms on administrative systems/tools.
- Create and maintain point of sale forms.
- Be liaison to Compliance and Legal departments in support of audits, complaints and investigations.
- Analyze regulations and lead the maintenance of products for regulatory compliance.
- Assist in conducting product development research.
- Participate on project teams.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- 5-7 years relevant experience.
- Insurance and Annuity product knowledge.
- Ability to translate product design specifications into understandable policy language.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Word, Excel and Adobe experience.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills and ability to use statistical analysis and modeling, with associated technology applications.
- Strong relationship and communication skills in working with multiple business partners and influencing customers on recommendations and analysis.
- In-depth knowledge of business operations and processes with ability to articulate these processes to others.
About Our Company
- Policy form drafting and filing experience or experience as regulator.
- Legal or compliance background.
- Professional certification (CLU, FLMI) claims, project management, systems of other related experience helpful.
Riversource Annuities and Insurance is a part of the Ameriprise family of brands that provides our clients access to solutions that create a road map for their future. At Riversource we embrace an inclusive and collaborative culture that allows us to help others achieve their goals by providing compelling product solutions. This includes insurance to prepare for and be protected during the unexpected, as well as annuities that will provide support through every stage of retirement planning such as asset accumulation, generating income, and leaving a legacy to loved ones or charity. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Riversource.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.