Senior Business Analyst
Support business decision-making by providing financial or statistical analyses that lead to solutions for business issues, making recommendations for action as appropriate. Support projects from design through implementation and monitoring. Be the liaison between business leaders, staff, utility functions, and at times external parties to ensure information exchange and accomplish business objectives. Responsibilities
- Using data from a variety of sources, analyze complex business issues, incorporating company and industry knowledge, mathematical and technological expertise, and sound analytical processes. Statistical analysis, modeling, & other quantitative techniques are used to answer business questions, identify issues and/or recommend courses of action in the course of analysis.
- Manage multiple relationships across the organization, and at times with external parties and clients. Be the main point of contact to answer questions within business analyst area of expertise. Act as liaison among business leaders, staff and utility functions to gather information and share best practices, and to ensure initiatives are executed appropriately.
- Provide and review reports of quantitative and qualitative data produced both internally and externally to the company. Ensure accuracy and appropriate report design. Be responsible for resolution to reporting issues as they arise. Reports may be of a routine nature, or may be requested or run on an ad hoc basis as part of a larger project or special business concern.
- Present results of analysis and/or recommendations to business managers, utility partners, and at times external parties. Communicate action plans and priorities to appropriate partners.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience.
- Strong analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills and ability to use statistical analysis and modeling, with associated technology applications.
- Strong relationship and communication skills in working with colleagues, and influencing customers on recommendations and analysis.
- In-depth knowledge of business operations and processes with ability to articulate these processes to others.