The Ameriprise Advice and Wealth Management (AWM) Architecture team is made up of passionate and highly skilled individuals who work across more than 60 technical product teams. Our architecture team is focused on delivering value to our advisors and clients through an advanced microservices architecture, cloud-based application and big data architecture, custom built user interfaces leveraging the latest frameworks, and world class SaaS providers like Salesforce, Pega, and Box. The AWM Architecture team plays a critical role in ensuring we balance short term needs with long term strategies. As a senior architect in the AWM Architecture team you will work with agile product teams to develop and manage road maps and technical designs, work with product teams to design the best technical implementation to satisfy immediate needs balanced with long term strategies and ensure ongoing application health by applying a broad understanding of all areas of architectural domains (data, infrastructure, applications, and security). Your expertise and drive will be applied to both highly complex and broad scale projects. Responsibilities
- Conceptualize and craft detailed solutions
- Design end to end solutions for clients
- Lead multiple projects and clients simultaneously, ability to prioritize efficiently
- Serve as the main point of contact between the product team and the architecture delivery organization
- Translate requirements into detailed designs consistent with current and future platform strategy
- Explain complex concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Collaborate with global teams to build customer-centric solutions and establish multi-functional partnerships
- Candidates must have outstanding ability to apply knowledge and experience in decision-making to arrive at creative solutions.
- Candidates are expected to be comfortable in a fast paced, ambiguous work environment but still be able to "see the big picture" and how it affects current and future technologies.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field; or related work experience.
- 7-10 years of relevant experience required.
- Broad experience across architecture practices (data, infrastructure, applications and security) with depth of experience in at least one area.
- Knowledge of enterprise-wide architecture and ability to 'see the big picture' and how it affects current and future technologies.
- Internal/external consulting experience that spans organizational boundaries and includes influencing technology and business leaders.
- Depth of experience in the architecture, design, implementation and support of complex enterprise solutions.
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technical configurations, technologies, and process improvements.
- Superb communication skills.
- Ability to consistently pay close attention to detail.
About Our Company
- Significant business knowledge and multiple areas of concentrated technical expertise (e.g. full stack architecture).
- Ability to set direction and lead teams in implementing complex architectures.
- Strong analytical skills to be able to break down complex problems and design appropriate solutions, leveraging industry patterns where applicable.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry, especially retail wealth management.
The Ameriprise Financial Technology team mission is to create innovative technology solutions and engaging digital experiences for our clients, advisors, and employees. We embrace an inclusive and collaborative culture that allows us to partner across the business and lend our expertise in the areas of corporate computing, network infrastructure and security. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Technology.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.