Senior Analyst - Financial Controls
Provide analytical support for the Finance organization via execution and maintenance of control reporting infrastructure. Extract, aggregate, and analyze control data and performance metrics for management review and action. Collaborate with internal and external business partners and strengthen controls environment. Responsibilities
• Develop and execute regular reports that support risk management for various valuation and reporting activities including monthly Management Action Plan reports. Identify new procedural steps to improve controls within valuation processes. Recommend changes to management's existing control procedures. Serve as the liaison between Actuarial and Risk & Control Services to interpret and troubleshoot incidents. Interpret Operational Risk Management framework to make sure disclosures are appropriate and complete.
• Ensure accurate and appropriate control design through periodic review with control owners to determine if controls are accurate and relevant. Manage the resolution and reporting of issues, as they arise. Provide detailed and complete understanding of drivers that influence control performance. Participate in period-end reporting meetings and determine if pre-defined process steps were followed appropriately. Raise questions and follow up on potential issues, reporting to internal/external audit partners any necessary events.
• Collaborate with teams to prepare materials for regular financial reporting and model governance meetings. Track agreed-upon deliverables, capture meeting notes and organize agendas.
• Support daily operations within Finance through production of risk reports with the opportunity to lead monthly reporting meetings. Hold internal planning sessions to update process maps and definitions.
Coordinate walk throughs of existing processes with internal/external audit teams. Work closely with trade desk, investment accounting, actuarial, and financial reporting teams to ensure accuracy of information. Partner with actuaries to articulate issues, why they occurred and plan out what actions will be taken.
• Investigate root cause of issues as a result of control breakdowns or missing controls, and provide action plan recommendations to prevent future occurrences. Support control environment through the execution and management of regular SOX controls by identifying and recommending changes to synthesize processes while supporting multiple frameworks. Provide guidance on interpretation of controls and serve as a key resource to internal and external auditing partners. Required Qualifications
• Bachelors degree or equivalent
• 3-5 years of experience
• 1-3 years' experience performing risk management or control framework execution
• Strong relationship and communication skills in working with colleagues and influencing customers on recommendations and analysis results Preferred Qualifications
• Degree in Accounting, Math, Physics, Economics or a quantitative field of study
• Demonstrated financial acumen and data analysis capability
• Experienced in developing data-driven conclusions and recommendations
• Ability to work in an environment with multiple priorities
• Ability to work independently; self-starter
• Strong relationship and communication skills in working with colleagues, influencing team members on recommendations and analysis results
• In-depth knowledge of business operations and processes with ability to articulate these processes to others
• Information management acumen including desktop application and data modeling skills