Responsibilities include: schedule meetings/conferences, may read and respond to emails and requests on behalf of the leader(s), coordinate meeting materials, prepare presentations, internal and external communications, travel arrangements, expense reports and invoices, and coordinate department programs, offsites, special events or conferences. Educate department on technology updates. Respond to ad hoc requests and provide project support, logistics for meetings, town halls, and offsites. Extend independent judgment over prioritization of work, and on behalf of the leader. Responsibilities
- Independently manage leader(s) calendar and meeting prioritization. Schedule meetings and/or conferences by interacting with internal/external clients/partners to coordinate calendars, accommodations, meeting materials and supplies. May read and respond to emails and requests on behalf of the leader; ensure leader is informed of pending requests or requests where follow up is required.
- Prepare expense reports, invoices, presentations, internal/external communication, travel arrangements, and other misc. reports.
- Coordinate/administer department programs (recognition, timekeeping, employee/contractor on-boarding activities, budgets, supply management, etc.), off-sites, and special events or conferences. May provide leadership to direct reports including coaching, mentoring and annual performance reviews.
- Educate department on technology updates (conferencing capabilities, upgrades, etc), respond to ad hoc requests (filing, copying, etc.) and provide project/program support representing the team (researching issues or questions about policies or practices, coordinate a conference, etc.).
- Provide new hire training and/or mentoring to administrative staff within department or business unit. May back-up other administrative assistants.
- High school or GED
- 1-3 years of experience
- Proficiency w/ computer programs (MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and administrative programs (Outlook, Ariba Buyer, XMS, Concur, etc.)
- Ability to multi-task, quickly change direction and independently prioritize work in order to support multiple people
- Ability to anticipate needs and use independent judgement given limited availability of leader
- Ability to exercise discretion due to accessing and handling sensitive information
About Our Company
- Associate degree or equivalent
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
Millions of people around the world rely on Columbia Threadneedle Investments to manage their money. We're intentionally built to help our clients succeed, backed by a global team of 2,000 people including more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. At Columbia Threadneedle, you'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority. In addition to our competitive total rewards package, employees stay with us because of our culture and commitment to their development. And, backed by the strength of our parent company, Ameriprise Financial, we are committed to providing you with the tools, resources, recognition and rewards to help you shape the career you want.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.