Senior Accountant - Financial Reporting
Responsible for completing financial reports and performing analysis for Ameriprise Financial and its affiliates which primarily include Ameriprise Certificate Company, RiverSource Life and Ameriprise Trust Company in a timely, accurate, and quality manner. Responsibilities
• Prepare and analyze internal and external financial reports for Ameriprise Financial and its affiliates which primarily include Ameriprise Certificate Company, RiverSource Life and Ameriprise Trust Company. The reports include SEC Forms 10-Q/K, monthly financial statements, capital requirements, call reports and board reports.
• Prepare and maintain workpapers for government surveys and the SEC Form 17-H.
• Ensure disclosures comply with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles ("U.S. GAAP"), Securities and Exchange Commission, U.S. Department of Commerce, statutory, or other applicable requirements.
• Drive process improvements by developing efficient and innovative methods of performing responsibilities.
• Maintain effective internal controls over financial reporting.
• Provide supporting workpapers and other request items to external and internal auditors and regulators to complete audits in a timely manner.
• Monitor changes in accounting guidance and new transactions or events and work with leader and business partners to update disclosures in a timely manner. Prepare impact analysis and assist in drafting accounting memos for regulatory, management and/or board reporting.
• Assist with ad-hoc projects, such as creating and maintaining Workday reports, financial statement variance analysis, and review of peer company disclosures. Required Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in accounting.
• 3-5 years of applicable experience.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word and Excel).
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment. Preferred Qualifications
• CPA license.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Demonstrated data analysis capability.
• Experience with Workday General Ledger.
• Experience with Wdesk (e.g., prepare and file SEC reports).
• Strong U.S. GAAP knowledge.