Ameriprise Financial has an exciting opportunity for Senior Accountant role! The individual would be working with a talented team to develop and report ongoing accounting processes for Life Company products while adhering to GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and other governing agencies. Responsible for ensuring that various Ledgers and Records of the Life Company are properly accounted for and controlled. Responsible for monthly reconciliations for Annuity and Life Insurance related transactions across all I&A platforms. Has primary responsibility for providing analysis and recording entries to support transactions from the Admi Server platform. Responsibilities
- Performs accounting processes for a variety of transactions in accordance with GAAP internal and external policies, procedures and authorizations. Prepares journal entries dealing with more complex accounting functions. Reviews, analyzes, and resolves more moderately complex issues in accounting transactions. Follows specific and detailed accounting procedures
- Owns balance sheet accounts. Researches and clears outstanding reconciling items. Research may need to be done using various sources such as system reports or history screens, general ledger queries, or bank reconciliation files. Collaborates with other Finance and Client Service personnel to troubleshoot and resolve reconciling items. Provides oversight to reconciliation of general ledger balance sheet accounts. Provides an analytical review of monthly reconciliations to resolve variances and ensure appropriate controls
- Provides functional advice and training to business partners and less-experienced accountants. Participates as a subject matter expert on business projects. Provides metrics to drive business changes and objectives. Specializes in accounting for Life Company
- Improves processes to ensure that integrity, control and optimal efficiency are established while minimizing financial risk. Develops and implements process improvement initiatives that support the department goals and Finance policies. Prepares aging schedules and provides analysis
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years GL experience
- Ability to evaluate critical operational and financial problems and proactively apply action steps to resolve
- Timely research and resolution of balance sheet account variances
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient with current desktop tools. Advanced Excel abilities (formulas, pivot tables, etc).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team .
About Our Company
- Degree focus in Accounting or Finance
- Good technical ability using Access databases and word processing applications.
- Ability to apply root cause analysis to obtain origination of critical operational and financial problems and proactively apply action steps to resolve.
- Experience with bank reconciliation processes.
- Annuity and Life Insurance Product knowledge.
- Experience with Admin Server platform
- Experience with Workday GL platform
At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.