Securitized Product Associate Analyst (RMBS) - Fixed Income Research
Columbia Threadneedle Investments, the global asset management subsidiary of Ameriprise Financial, is seeking to hire a Fixed Income Associate Analyst, Agency RMBS for the Structured Products Research Team. This role will analyze specific securities and help support the broader Residential Mortgage Backed Securities team. Responsibilities
• Support analysis and research for securitized product team (Agency and Non-Agency RMBS).
• Analyze individual securities and industry trends into actionable recommendations.
• Work with Senior Analysts and Portfolio Managers on RMBS strategy.
• Gather, store and manipulate and large amounts of data for deeper analysis of our investments.
• Utilize large datasets to perform modeling of securities, including prepayment analysis, relative value, and regressions.
• Identify and help build common tools and automation that help the team perform research.
• Manage independent and group research projects.
• Incorporate macroeconomic analysis into research.
• Contribute to team strategy discussions, including daily market meetings. Required Qualifications
• BA/BS degree in a quantitative field (Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering).
• 2-5 years of relevant investment industry work experience and experience in analyzing and modeling securities.
• Experience with Residential structured products/securitizations, specific experience in Agency RMBS.
• Some programming experience in any programming language.
• Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills to perform security, industry and economic analysis.
• Communication and relationship skills to appropriately influence and share ideas with Portfolio Managers, Traders and Analyst colleagues and Management. Preferred Qualifications
• Proficiency working with and extracting data from database systems using SQL
• Fluency in programming languages: Python or R
• Expertise in data manipulation and analysis in Excel, including pivot tables
• Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) completed or in progress.