Securitized Product Associate Analyst - Fixed Income Research
Columbia Threadneedle Investments, a division of Ameriprise Financial, is seeking to hire a Fixed Income Associate Analyst for the Structured Products Research Team. This role will analyze specific securities and help support the more senior analysts across several structured products asset classes. Responsibilities
• Support analysis and research for structured products (CMBS, ABS, CLO).
• Analyze individual securities and industry trends into actionable recommendations.
• Assist in security selection and modeling for deals on the primary and secondary markets.
• Monitor existing holdings for performance and report findings to larger team.
• Gather, store and manipulate and large amounts of data for deeper analysis of our investments.
• Identify and help build common tools and automation that help the team perform research.
• Manage independent and group research projects.
• Incorporate macroeconomic analysis into research.
• Contribute to team strategy discussions, including daily market meetings. Required Qualifications
• BA/BS degree.
• 0-4 years of relevant investment industry work experience.
• Some programming experience in any programming language.
• Interest in investments and financial markets.
• Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills to perform security, industry and economic analysis.
• Communication and relationship skills to appropriately influence and share ideas with Portfolio Managers, Traders and Analyst colleagues and Management. Preferred Qualifications
• Experience with structured products/securitization including any of RMBS, CMBS, ABS or CLO.
• Proficiency working with and extracting data from database systems using SQL.
• Fluency in programming languages: Python or R.
• Expertise in data manipulation and analysis in Excel, including pivot tables.
• Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) completed or in progress.